Ford Forums banner

FPR to run 4 cars in 2005

5K views 41 replies 32 participants last post by  pauljh74 
#1 ·
David Flint revealed to Auto Action at Barbagallo that the team will expand to a 4 car outfit in 2005.

With the team running 4 cars, they will be allowed to use 2 pit booms instead of the 1 that they currently have.

#12 ·
Fordy said:
Killa. I wonder who the 4th driver will be????
Shhh Don't tell anyone - It's Skaife, He should have missed his second payment to the loan shark (who lent him the money to buy the team) and HRT is on the market again.

HaHaHaHa

Paul B
XR6WGN

PS David - I've got nothing going on most weekends - I'd love to drive your 4th car

#14 ·
cough *ahem*

I cant say too much, coz Im still finalising some arrangements with Mrs Jemmex,about whos gunna get the kids to footy and help with the shopping, but I guess I can let you guys into a little secret.

The big surprise is that the 4th car is in fact gunna be a Territory for me. Complete with I6 auto tranny, roof bars, aircond, screaming kids.....

#16 ·
Is this the maximum number of cars that can be run in one team? HRO discussions noted ;)

#17 ·
A question for the powers that be at FPR!!!!

How would running an extra car solve the boom gate problem? From my limited understanding all 3 cars are currently linked/classed as one team & therefore have to share 1 boom gate & 1 test log... How would that change with 4 cars? You'd then have 4 cars to 1 boom!!! So I therefore assume a change in structure some how so there is 2 separate, 2 car teams. Similar 2 how HRT/KMR was setup. They where still classed has 1 team for testing purposes with both HRT & KMR on the 1 testing log, but at the same time, structured so they were separate for boom gates purposes. And it has nothing to do with the fact they had 4 cars. It would have still worked the same if KMR was are 1 car team. KMR would have been allowed to share 1 boom gate with another 1 car team…. So my question is why can't this structure happen for the start of 2004 to make 1 of the 3 cars separate. All 3 cars would still have 1 testing log between them, but the 3rd car would be able to share a boom gate with another 1 car team???

Have I got something wrong here???

#18 ·
Well by running the 4th car you could have the teams split up into two entities such as KMart, HRT. I would assume they will need another franchise because they are leasing one L2 now. Which are the franchises that are no not competitive that FPR could get their hands on.

#25 ·
Couldn't they just get another CAT Car and thats your other franchise?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.