FPR see the light - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2004, 00:16   #1 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

confused FPR see the light

Well after the last 2 V8supercar rounds it looks like FPR have turned a corner. At last FPR have got the picture, they've dumped there pommy engine program, and got Rob Benson in, and all of a sudden there on the pace! "funny about that" CL & Glen did a great job at Bathurst, and Indy but the cards did'nt fall CLs way,Im only hoping Craig has'nt jumped ship a bit to soon. I for one were hoping 6 month ago he would get out of FPR and find a better car to drive, now Im not so sure. It just goes to show the cars were let down by there motors nothing else. Well done to Craig.It also looks like Bright is gonna be stepping into a good car.......
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2004, 00:40   #2 (permalink)
Idiot User

Re: FPR see the light

I think they both did what anyone else would have done and now they would both be kickin emselves CL's espiecially! But its the way it goes! But also DJR and 888 racing are also improving! So I dont think it will be too bad for them!

AMBROSE BACK II BACK V8 SUPERCAR CHAMPION 03/04
FORD AND SBR 1-2, 2004
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 00:41   #3 (permalink)

course hes jumped ship way to soon. Everyone knew that they had the goods in the car it just needed an engine. The car in wet was fast cos HP wasnt an issue.
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 02:40   #4 (permalink)

I've always said that he should have stayed with FPR because he'd invested too much time in them to benefit from changing and knowing that sooner or later FPR would be getting stronger. Prodrive were not going to let the team perform as badly as the first half of the season, realised their euro engine development was going nowhere and took steps to build up local expertise.

It would break my heart if FPR were the business next year and 888 go shithouse!!

Still, the performance of 888 at Surfers would be encouraging to CL. They have been good in patches so the basics must be pretty reasonable.

Roll on '05
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 02:41   #5 (permalink)
R.I.P Dimebag

*sits waiting for everyone who bagged the crap out of FPR to jump on the bandwagen now they're getting somewhere
Devil_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 02:48   #6 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

It's disapointing to see Lowndes leave FPR, I would rather see him stay there, I believe they have a good future, but everybody say's 888 is going to be so much better for him, but they too are a pommy backed team and haven't shown true form as well, I just hope he does well were ever he goes, he has true talent.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 04:32   #7 (permalink)

Yes I agree that CL & GS jumped to early as FPR would pick up because Ford & Prodrive would been imbarresed and will throw everything at the team.
The only good thing is Campble Little is at 888 so CL should have a good car next year
sbeaugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 05:30   #8 (permalink)

devil racer, although i started one of the threads paying out FPR, i always said i would gladly support them once they started going well, which was only a matter of time...

Protien, Creatine, and other supplements all below retail, PM me for a price list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
...his sheep shagging buddy with the loser sideburns.
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 07:10   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Racer
*sits waiting for everyone who bagged the crap out of FPR to jump on the bandwagen now they're getting somewhere
Glad that doesnt include me as i always said give them time. CL should never of left he will regret it. Bright will do well.. hes a good steerer
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 09:33   #10 (permalink)
HSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
Glad that doesnt include me as i always said give them time. CL should never of left he will regret it. Bright will do well.. hes a good steerer
Oh.....all of a sudden Brights alright is he ???
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe