FPR Test day. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2004, 16:52   #1 (permalink)
Fords RULE,Holdens drool.

FPR Test day.

Ford Performance Racing (FPR) has completed a productive day of V8 Supercar testing in fine and warm conditions at Victoria's Winton Raceway. FPR Falcon drivers Craig Lowndes and Glenn Seton were joined by newly crowned Konica Minolta V8 Supercar Series Champion Andrew Jones for the day's detailed testing programme, covering a number of chassis and suspension developments.

Lowndes displayed a significant improvement in car speed with his CAT FPR Falcon today compared to the team's last two-day test at this venue in mid July. The same can be said for Ford Credit FPV Falcon driver Seton, who was also pleased with the improvements made to his car in terms of engine driveability and handling at this technical three kilometre circuit.

Fresh from his blue oval Konica Minolta V8 Supercar Championship victory, 24 year old Andrew Jones completed 35 laps today in the CAT FPR Falcon, impressing the team with his pace and technical feedback.

The performance gains made today will be supported by another test day at Winton next Tuesday (Aug 31) which will be conducted by FPR's 2004 endurance race drivers Alain Menu and Adam Macrow. 2004 Konica Minolta V8 Supercar Series runner- up Luke Youlden will also be joining FPR for his first test with the blue oval team as a part of the team's continuing evaluation of young Australian talent.

#6 Craig Lowndes (75 laps) - "The car was pretty good today, we made several changes and shared the responsibility of development work between Glenn's car and mine. We gained and cross-referenced a great deal of valuable data this way.

"I'm looking forward to the de-brief as I am sure that we will benefit even more from a detailed overview of our busy day on the track. All of this work should help us get the right formula that suits Glenn and I best for Sandown and Bathurst."

#5 Glenn Seton (86 laps plus 15 laps in the CAT FPR Falcon) - "I had a very productive day of testing and we completed a number of changes on the car to continually improve it. We have definitely made some gains here.

"I am looking forward to Sandown to try the changes that we have devised and hopefully translate this into a good result. Teaming up with Craig for the enduros will be great. The way we work together is a major positive for us and we plan to do very well at Sandown and Bathurst."

Andrew Jones (35 laps) - "I am still on a high from winning the Konica Minolta Series title and today was a great opportunity for me - to come straight from that into this test was very exciting. Having been in my car for a few days, this test was good to compare what I am used to with the FPR Falcons.

"After driving alongside Craig Lowndes and Glenn Seton all day, there are plenty of positives about the FPR Falcons and I learned a few things from them as well."

FPR Chief Engineer, John Russell - "We had a very good day today, Craig, Glenn and Andrew worked through the full test programme on both cars and we gained some extremely positive results. Andrew did a very competent job today, completing 35 laps.

"All in all it was a great day, from the brilliant weather to the fact that we had no engine or car issues at all with both cars, Craig's car completed 125 trouble free laps. "
{from the V8supercar news page}.

Things are starting to look up for FPR.Maybe they have finally exorcised the demons that have been plaguing them.

Marcos Ambrose, V8 Supercar Champion 2003 2004.
BAracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2004, 21:23   #2 (permalink)

Re: FPR Test day.

Maybe lowndes is leaving at the wrong time?

Protien, Creatine, and other supplements all below retail, PM me for a price list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
...his sheep shagging buddy with the loser sideburns.
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 21:33   #3 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Maybe we here this kind of stuff all the time" we made some good gain's today in testing" but let's just wait and see if those gain's show on raceday????????.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 22:07   #4 (permalink)
Resident geek freak

Never yet heard a team say
"test was crap, we were lapped by granny in her 120y, the drivers are beered off and the engineers on the grog. The engine blew after half an hour so we all went to a nudie-bar, but the weather was nice."
jemmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 22:12   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemmex
Never yet heard a team say
"test was crap, we were lapped by granny in her 120y, the drivers are beered off and the engineers on the grog. The engine blew after half an hour so we all went to a nudie-bar, but the weather was nice."
that would be SRT (Slackers Racing team)
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 22:25   #6 (permalink)

HAHAHAHAHA
some truth would be good though...

Protien, Creatine, and other supplements all below retail, PM me for a price list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
...his sheep shagging buddy with the loser sideburns.
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 23:30   #7 (permalink)
17" is for 4cyc

yer whoop de dee, at least there was no other cars on the track to make them look slow !
Sorry for my remarks above, FPR peees me off not the driver's its not there fault.
Old 08-24-2004, 23:40   #8 (permalink)
Respect the Bulge

I think I will wait until after Sandown before passing judement, but everything iis crossed.

Steven
Old 08-25-2004, 00:43   #9 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

Not hard for FPR to go faster in testing - they could hardly go any slower.

I'm with everyone else though. Let's see it in a race and see Prodrive build an engine that will actually last for 1000km (anyone willing to put money on that one yet?).
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 01:23   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR
Not hard for FPR to go faster in testing - they could hardly go any slower.

I'm with everyone else though. Let's see it in a race and see Prodrive build an engine that will actually last for 1000km (anyone willing to put money on that one yet?).
They did it in the Rally of Germany (Subaru)
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe