FTR is no more - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2002, 16:53   #1 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

frown FTR is no more

Quote from MN's mag
------------------------------------------------------------
Glenn Seton's Ford team will have its 2002 season launch in Melbourne next week - but it will not be as Ford Tickford Racing.
Seton, who has cut back to a one-car outfit this season, will revert to the Ford Credit Racing moniker this year, the title used before he changed to FTR in 1999.
Ford sources have told MN that the team may have a new name this season after a decision to distance it from the Tickford brand.
The team will announce its endurance co-driver at the launch; "Expect the unexpected," said team manager Jon Matthews.
Seton is one of few drivers intending to test on Dunlop's new control tyre prior to the Australian Gran Prix.Seton was planning to run on the new rubber on Wednesday, while most teams are saving their six-tyre allocation for the practice sessions at Albert Park, the idea being to preserve rubber fot the races.
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2002, 18:37   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

PersonallyI think it's a good ideaon the re-naming. To have a team with the Tickford branding running around with a one car operation is a big mistake IMO.
Having said that, I do feel for Seto losing the branding. Mustn't be a real good feeling at all.
All the more reason for Ford to re-introduce the Ford Works Team IMO...
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 19:29   #3 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FM
PersonallyI think it's a good ideaon the re-naming. To have a team with the Tickford branding running around with a one car operation is a big mistake IMO.
Having said that, I do feel for Seto losing the branding. Mustn't be a real good feeling at all.
All the more reason for Ford to re-introduce the Ford Works Team IMO...
ditto..Seton should add another driver with him he's going down if solo.
The only hope to have good results is the DJ racing and Craig lowndes,his car is like a rocket and improving over and over,pretty sure he'll take the championship from the "nose" this season.
ayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 21:25   #4 (permalink)

mad

No one wants to know what i think of this. Glenn if you are reading this and got my email you know what I mean. I was deadly serious with what i said.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 22:18   #5 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

Maybe Colin McRae will be he's new endurance co driver, or maybe not because where would Nicky sit.:beerchuge
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 22:40   #6 (permalink)
goooone

That sucks i have the biggest load of FTR gear & I did like the idea of a Ford team (Lowndes) & a Tickford team (FTR). Im sticking by Seto the guy is a legend & deserves better I really hope he can climb back up & get some results like he did in the Ford Credit & PJ days.

I hope that surprise is Golin that would be awesome.
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 22:52   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Jucy
That sucks i have the biggest load of FTR gear & I did like the idea of a Ford team (Lowndes) & a Tickford team (FTR).
Same here. All completely useless now. Merchandise for a team that no longer exisits. Good one Ford
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 23:13   #8 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

Yeah that is a bummer, personally I have only got a hat and a sticker on the rear window of my car.
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 00:56   #9 (permalink)
EA Wagon Member

you told seto to go to holden didn't you hse2? lol

the whole thing is bullshit if you ask me
Old 02-06-2002, 02:30   #10 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Jucy
Im sticking by Seto the guy is a legend & deserves better I really hope he can climb back up & get some results like he did in the Ford Credit & PJ days.
Same here.. He's still my man. Just such a shame about the whole FTR thing but..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe