Full VY Spec Car - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2004, 13:46   #1 (permalink)

Full VY Spec Car

I am curios.

When did each of the Holden teams commence use of the FULL VY spec car, rather than the hybrid ?

I would like to know which car was used for each event this year.

Does anyone have access to this information ??

GreenFutura
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2004, 17:33   #2 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

Re: Full VY Spec Car

I think at some stage late n the year, one of the teams even flip flopped back to using the oldspec, cause the new one got R Kellyerised. I'mprobably wrong though, it sticks in my head.
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 19:05   #3 (permalink)

At the start of the year I think HRTx2, CPRx2?, GRMx2, Morrisx1 were the full VY's (there may be more). I dont think anything changed since then. Apart from Skaife going back to a hybrid at Indy.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 19:19   #4 (permalink)

I tihnk Dynamik run full spec VY's too, but their ones suck so they had to cheat
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 19:46   #5 (permalink)

I thought that too, but apparently last year they too had hybrids....I think they debut a full spec at bathurst last year though...So they should have atleast 1.
Old 12-11-2004, 00:11   #6 (permalink)

I think everyones runs full VYs all but K-mart and PWR. Before the crash at Indy Brights car was a brand new VY with the old Chev motor in it. Than had had to go back to his VX / VY holden. That car was made by HRT in August 2002. Paul Wheels car is ment to be VY with the older engine in it. The K-mart car of Greg Muphy is a VT turned into a VY. Muphy got it August 2003 and Toddy Kelly was using that for the first half of 03 till he crashed it in Darwin. Before that, That car was a HRT spare car. That car was Criage Lowndes from 1999 after the big crash till he left Holden after bathurst 2000. I Think Rick kellys car is Muphys old car from the start of thr year but muphy changed cars. So Rick Kellys car is a new car I think with the old engine in it.
ELLIOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 02:11   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLIOT
I think everyones runs full VYs all but K-mart and PWR. Before the crash at Indy Brights car was a brand new VY with the old Chev motor in it. Than had had to go back to his VX / VY holden. That car was made by HRT in August 2002. Paul Wheels car is ment to be VY with the older engine in it. The K-mart car of Greg Muphy is a VT turned into a VY. Muphy got it August 2003 and Toddy Kelly was using that for the first half of 03 till he crashed it in Darwin. Before that, That car was a HRT spare car. That car was Criage Lowndes from 1999 after the big crash till he left Holden after bathurst 2000. I Think Rick kellys car is Muphys old car from the start of thr year but muphy changed cars. So Rick Kellys car is a new car I think with the old engine in it.
Well first of all i'd like to know who muphy, craige and paul wheel are .

Seriously though, Murphys Bathurst winning car is basicly a VT? shit, I think all the teams should have to run Full VY or Full BA if it was applicable, no half cast shit.
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 02:33   #8 (permalink)

I thought this year EVERY VY had to be a full spec car no using the old engine unless you were using a VX... Although Skaife was allowed to run a hybrid for one round because his normal car was too far gone to repair quick enough.
Old 12-11-2004, 05:44   #9 (permalink)

No they changed that rule towards the end of the 03 championship and allowed holdens to run either engine, VX come VY or full VY.
Old 12-11-2004, 06:53   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM
No they changed that rule towards the end of the 03 championship and allowed holdens to run either engine, VX come VY or full VY.
I wonder how much influence Holden had in changing that rule?
No timeslip yet
Clevo_land is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe