The future - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2002, 14:46   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs down The future

With this blue print coming in next season and with talk of drivers swapping sides, it is going to be interesting to see if the sport continues to grow.

You look at most forms of racing anywhere in the world and the silly season is part and parcel. It is accepted that drivers chase the money and drive where ever for who ever. In our form of the game we don't like to think it can happen and history tells us it is reasonably rare.

Both our manufacturers will tell us that you are either a Holden guy or a Ford guy, you don't swap and there is no grey, yet they seem hell bent on disproving the theory.

The cars are going to be fake ( yes worse then they are now ) Why not put the drivers names in a hat and have a draw before each race to determine which car they will drive this round. Is it really that silly of an idea.

Our sport has a tradition in passion and loyalty, but as each season passes a little piece is eroded. If the cars are going to be a shell in name only and drivers are going to change sides at will, what is the point. I can neither barrack for Ford nor can I barrack for my favouite driver.

I thought sport couldn't get any worse then Carey. Glad I never backed that statement.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2002, 04:29   #2 (permalink)

I think the way they are going is completely wrong. Make Holden run the Gen III, mac strut front end, semi trailing arm rear, and Ford run the 5.4 DOHC Double wishbone front and control blade rear. This will give the differnt cars strengths at different parts of the track and at different tracks. Although different weights may be needed. They should also get rid of control tire, look at F1 it is much better with more than one manufacturer. Another change needed is the introduction of Sequential G/Box costs $500 more but will save many engines and tire blankets for the likes of canberra saving many panels. Aero kits also need to be looked at a bit more to make them more efficient at the front on the AU, cause if you saw the top 15 nearly every Ford locked front brakes on one corner and i think only one Holden showing a lack of Front end grip on the Falcons.
Old 06-10-2002, 05:29   #3 (permalink)
GTHO4

Yeah can you imagine if the one we Ford fans love to hate (Skaife) moves to Ford?
It would be difficult to accept him, I had troubles accepting Lowndes when he crossed over.
I don't think I will ever like the idea of drivers going from Holden to Ford or vice versa, gone are the days of being loyal to one brand.
Old 06-10-2002, 14:40   #4 (permalink)

In a time where the race cars will be little more than clones of each other with a different skin, in a time where more than ever the attention will switch to the drivers, it is inconceivable that Ford would pay more attention to what driver they can get instead of looking after drivers they already have.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 00:32   #5 (permalink)
Barra

This is just my personal opinion, but i reckon Lowndes always wanted to drive for Ford, but was caught up with HRT because he was going so well.
His first car was a Ford and when he was growing up he was probally a Ford Man, unlike these days where you would struggle to find at least one Ford kid for every 10 Holden supporters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe