Get out of the way!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2003, 16:10   #1 (permalink)
ex-Ford owner

Get out of the way!!!

I found it so frustrating in race 3 to see Marcus Ambrose flashing the lights at other Ford drivers to let him through with no action forth coming.

I know that the other Ford drivers drive for different teams and therefore have absolutely no reason to move over, but the championship is so close to being in the bag for Ford.

I really think Mr Polites should be on the phone to every single Ford team this week telling them to let Marcus Ambrose through in every case or you can expect reduced funding from the factory for the following season.

Ford is so close to this they have to take it at all costs!!!
XYFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2003, 16:16   #2 (permalink)

Re: Get out of the way!!!

That is what should have been done without Geoff having to ask. Steve Richards said to SBR before the race that he would not fight Rusell unless he was much faster than him i think this is what all Ford teams need to do.
Old 11-09-2003, 16:17   #3 (permalink)

Personally I thought Ambrose behaved like a spoiled brat...

Please let me through, please...Oh Russ can you make them move for me...

Please... He is supposed to be a professional racer.

I love Ford and support Ambrose, but that last race in NZ just made me mad at him. It seems as though he has a bad case of the conservatives. He is not going to win this championship without fighting for it.

I feel his performance was really poor in NZ.

OK Let the Flaming Begin
AU1XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 16:25   #4 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

I think Ambrose is right. Why?? Well he is so far down the grid fighting for positions and needs to get up thegrid. Problem is if he fights too much he could get the car damaged or he could be put out of the race. If someone is obviously slower than him in front and realise they are, they should let him past. They are not in the race for the championship.
Old 11-09-2003, 17:19   #5 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

well well this topic comes up again..yes ford teams are as dumb as they come to be honest..but quite fellas or this post might get to contarversial and get locked ;-)

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 17:27   #6 (permalink)
3FB's Peter Pan!!!

As has been posted in this thread and the race rap-up thread as well, why should Ambrose have everyone move over for him?? Wouldnt you prefer the guy to win a championship rather than have it given to him? Skaife didnt win by calling all the other Holden teams to move over!

Further, as posted in the race rap-up thread, one of these cars that was in front for a period of time was none other than Glenn Seton! If I remember correctly back a few months in these forums there were a number of people writing him off as a driver etc and now look at the guy: second place at Bathurst, in the top 10 for qualifying (not the shoot out though) and only a few clicks off none other than Marcos Ambrose in the race! Those who doubted the talents of this guy should have your tails between your legs! Theres a reason why Seton is a dual champion and if Ambrose doesnt work that out soon and have a go Glenn will remain the most recent Ford champ for another season at least.
Old 11-09-2003, 17:30   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6HP01
... Theres a reason why Seton is a dual champion and if Ambrose doesnt work that out soon and have a go Glenn will remain the most recent Ford champ for another season at least.

Precisely!
AU1XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 18:56   #8 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoMoCo4eva
well well this topic comes up again..yes ford teams are as dumb as they come to be honest..but quite fellas or this post might get to contarversial and get locked ;-)
Perhaps you need to see that there is a difference between parking wrecked cars on the track on purpose to bring out the safety car, and moving over to help fords championship chances....
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 19:51   #9 (permalink)
17" is for 4cyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6HP01
As has been posted in this thread and the race rap-up thread as well, why should Ambrose have everyone move over for him?? Wouldnt you prefer the guy to win a championship rather than have it given to him? Skaife didnt win by calling all the other Holden teams to move over!

Further, as posted in the race rap-up thread, one of these cars that was in front for a period of time was none other than Glenn Seton! If I remember correctly back a few months in these forums there were a number of people writing him off as a driver etc and now look at the guy: second place at Bathurst, in the top 10 for qualifying (not the shoot out though) and only a few clicks off none other than Marcos Ambrose in the race! Those who doubted the talents of this guy should have your tails between your legs! Theres a reason why Seton is a dual champion and if Ambrose doesnt work that out soon and have a go Glenn will remain the most recent Ford champ for another season at least.
Well said Aaron.....
MA is on the plank at EC its do or die, lets go and kickbutt SBR and all Ford teams.
Apart from being mid pack he didn't have the speed to me, Ellery smoked him in race 2 I think it was, the Rat got him some time and he just didnt have the speed to get past Seton.
A big point, good ol big nose (after being shunted and then about last) got back to fight for the lead by some mean driving and great pitstops.
It just wasnt his day and the car wasnt fast enough.
Old 11-09-2003, 21:00   #10 (permalink)
BA:Now were in business!

Sorry in advance but I just have to get this off my chest......
Seems that holden are just to good on the track (as we all know, definitely not on the road though) just seems we have a couple of good runs but once again Ford dropped the ball, look at all the red circles in the top ten!!! I am a Blue oval fan through and through but the last 5ish years have been SO embarrassing and just when we got an equal package to the evil side (equal down force mainly, funny how this wasn't addressed until after the BA was released eventhough it was blatantly unfair!!) I know we have had some good wins but when we have bad runs like NZ (2 bin the top ten wasn't it?) it is heartbreaking and now there is a chance that murph may take the championship! Where the hell did he come from? Seems that holden have the right formula ie. look after their own. How often do you see a holden take out another holden but Ford's on the other hand don't just have to look out for the generals men but their own as well!! I just hope and pray that Ambrose holds onto the championship or I may go MAD !!
...............whew that feels betta......who needs a shrink when you have Ford forums
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe