Ford Forums banner

***go Marcos At Clipsal 500***

4K views 42 replies 21 participants last post by  XRchic 
#1 ·
Was at the Clipsal 500 this arvo (and the last 3 days)! Marcos was brilliant as was Russell!!!! GO THE FORDS AND GO MARCOS!!!! The day was summed up with a guy that was in the stand in front of me.... was whining all day about how his bum hurt on the seat, how his back hurt sitting there all day, about being hot and sunburned, whine, whine, whine! Anyway, Marcos wins, the guy gets up and shouts: "I have been sitting here all day with a sore arse, my back killing me and sunburned as hell, all just to see a f*cking FORD win!" and he walks off - all the Ford people around him cheered. Was a great day.

Should be even better tomorrow with Marcos first on the grid!

#3 ·
X.treme.F.ury said:
Yeh he did very well, pretty much no competition. Good on ya Marcos !
Hey I think you deserve a trophy of some kind for being 17 and driving an XR8!!!!! Well done : ))))))))

#6 ·
svo347 said:
Man at one stage he led by 11.5 secs..
Golden.
Yeah, he did - it was amazing to watch! He's so smooth around the track, the car was just so fast today and got better over the race, and he has a real talent for keeping out of trouble and traffic! Maybe its just me, but his car sounds so much more awesome than the rest!

I felt so bad though, about all the sad Holden people there - they were so depressed, angry, etc - my heart nearly broke for them...... NOT! Ha ha.

Oh, and dude above, congrats on the XR8!!! How did you swing THAT? Bet your insurance costs a packet - but hey, who cares, right?! I have driven one, a manual - loved it and it sounded FANTASTIC!

#8 ·
Hey, it has 8 cylinders and a Ford badge!!! What else do you need???!!!! Very nice and very easy to modify if you are that way inclined!!!!

Just be glad you didn't get an SS!

#10 ·
XRFPV8 said:
how did the FPV cars go Lowndes and Seton
Lowndes didn't finish - he blew his engine and drove straight into his shed and shut the door.... was a real shame coz he was doing reasonably well before that, although was not going to get podium....

Seton finished, fairly well back though I think, not inside top 10 I don't think but was pretty close. He was fairly consistent though the whole race and had a couple of fast laps. I think the only Fords in the top 10 were Marcos and Russel.... not exactly sure on that though....

The FPV guys need a win, that's for sure! Bowe did pretty well I think.

#15 ·
I stand corrected on the top 10 placings above - apologies to Seton and Bowe!!!! Me stupid.

I got my money's worth today, for sure!!!!

#16 ·
One Ford Drone said:
I found it quite ironic that the younger blokes said that that was the hardest race they had raced (Ambrose and Richards) and yet Ingall said that he was fine and ready for more... I can't wait to see Ingall when he is really into his game. :)

Ah, maybe his got air-conditioning like Morris.
They may have put it is his car to test/trial as they didn't want to risk it with Ambrose. He looked very cool when he got out, like he had standard BA air-conditioning !

Yeah, it was an easy win. Would have liked to see Ingall get in front of Bright, but maybe tomorrow...
Murphy was kicking his own butt about not stopping when the safety car came out at lap 7/8 - but who cares !

btw - notice that Scaife didn't make any appearance at the end. They said he wasn't feeling well. - again, who cares !

#17 ·
JamesA said:
Ah, maybe his got air-conditioning like Morris.
They may have put it is his car to test/trial as they didn't want to risk it with Ambrose. He looked very cool when he got out, like he had standard BA air-conditioning !

Yeah, it was an easy win. Would have liked to see Ingall get in front of Bright, but maybe tomorrow...
Murphy was kicking his own butt about not stopping when the safety car came out at lap 7/8 - but who cares !

btw - notice that Scaife didn't make any appearance at the end. They said he wasn't feeling well. - again, who cares !
First time in ages that Skaife wasn't in shootout.... maybe he was puking, or got too worked up throwing a tantrum..... in any case, we will see how well he is tomorrow when he gets an other creaming...

#18 ·
Ford have to get things moving with all the teams they cant just rely on SBR every week.
FPV need to get some better results. Since they bought that team there results have been disappointing<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

...<o:p></o:p>

#19 ·
XRFPV8 said:
Ford have to get things moving with all the teams they cant just rely on SBR every week.
FPV need to get some better results. Since they bought that team there results have been disappointing<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

...<o:p></o:p>
Careful - it's FPR.... you'll get shot for that!!!

#20 ·
CL did quite well I think. He was sitting in the top 8 there for a bit.

If only he didn't get that dodgy miss in the last few rounds, he might have actually ended up just outside the top 10.

I'm partial to the cat car. I love the colour scheme. (Heh).

It was great to see my pet hate Todd go crunch on the 2nd lap. HA!! I say... HA!!! And good to see Skaife down too...

I can only hope tomorrow is as exciting as today's race. Cars of both sides flying off in all directions was chaotic. I love the chaos!

Go Marcus... go!

#21 ·
Black Kat said:
CL did quite well I think. He was sitting in the top 8 there for a bit.

If only he didn't get that dodgy miss in the last few rounds, he might have actually ended up just outside the top 10.

I'm partial to the cat car. I love the colour scheme. (Heh).

It was great to see my pet hate Todd go crunch on the 2nd lap. HA!! I say... HA!!! And good to see Skaife down too...

I can only hope tomorrow is as exciting as today's race. Cars of both sides flying off in all directions was chaotic. I love the chaos!

Go Marcus... go!
Hello Black Kat! Yes, I totally agree. I was there and saw poor old Craig... what a shame! He is such a nice guy too - they were saying today they reckon he is too nice. Gimme nice Craig any day over Skaife and his whiney, sulky crap. I know Todd drives Holden but aside from that, what don't you like about him? I have just never taken much notice of him, that's all....

Ha ha - yeah, Skaife did not put in any post race appearances coz he didn't feel well - lets see what happens tomorrow when he gets creamed again.... if it were not for the suspended sentence, I would like to see ole Russ have another shot at him! Smack that nose through his windscreen! I'm sorry but I love Russ and his attitude, illegal though it may be.... I just like character and I reckon he would be a funny bastard in a pub with a few beers under the belt!

I've been to the Clipsal Thurs, yesterday and today and off again tomorrow - been getting awesome spots too, so had great view, etc. It is a blast, except for the red shirt wankers giving me crap all day - until the end of the race, then they all started whining....felt like shoving my hotdog down one of their throats! Ha ha.

Yeah, Marcos baby will show 'em how its done, again!

#22 ·
XRchic said:
Hello Black Kat! Yes, I totally agree. I was there and saw poor old Craig... what a shame! He is such a nice guy too - they were saying today they reckon he is too nice. Gimme nice Craig any day over Skaife and his whiney, sulky crap. I know Todd drives Holden but aside from that, what don't you like about him? I have just never taken much notice of him, that's all....

Ha ha - yeah, Skaife did not put in any post race appearances coz he didn't feel well - lets see what happens tomorrow when he gets creamed again.... if it were not for the suspended sentence, I would like to see ole Russ have another shot at him! Smack that nose through his windscreen! I'm sorry but I love Russ and his attitude, illegal though it may be.... I just like character and I reckon he would be a funny bastard in a pub with a few beers under the belt!

I've been to the Clipsal Thurs, yesterday and today and off again tomorrow - been getting awesome spots too, so had great view, etc. It is a blast, except for the red shirt wankers giving me crap all day - until the end of the race, then they all started whining....felt like shoving my hotdog down one of their throats! Ha ha.

Yeah, Marcos baby will show 'em how its done, again!
I like your attitude.Go get them holden fans.

#25 ·
I've always liked Craigs attitude. The Holden camp likes to hang shit on him for jumping fence and how he's went downhill from there. I don't believe it. AFter his drive yesterday, I think that proves that he has the goods to get there, it's just the luck of car trouble that will hold him back. And all the teams have that. :)

Todd... where to start... he's from my town. I'm sick of hearing about how we're supposed to support that little clown. Support the Kelly's!
He's a dirtbike rider originally. Same as Rick.
It's amazing what Daddy's money will buy. They hobnob it around town now, and personally, I don't find that appealing in a hero. I like down to earth hero's that make it on their own worth.

I think Skaifey will have another dummy spit soon. He's not winning and losing to a Ford. AGAIN. Ha ha!

I was major pissed I didn't get to go this weekend. I'll be going next year for sure! The boys at work (all Holden one-eyers) were betting and trying to get me in. I just said.... as long as Marcos is up there and kicking Holden's ass, I don't give a crap about how many Holden's compared to Fords are racing. They're like fanatics!
I'm not one-eyed. I admit Murph is a great driver. And Peter Brock is just a damn legend. I don't go on and on about Fords this, Fords that... But I've found Holden fanatics are just that. Fanatics with no reason. And they never shut the hell up!! Until they lose. And then it's all excuses in the book. *cry, cry, whinge, whinge*

My prediction... I think Skaife has had his legend run last year, and this year will be Murphs. And the Kellys... well, I think they were a fluke.

Anyway, I hope today goes well!

Go Marcos!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.