Good on ya Lowndes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2002, 04:08   #1 (permalink)
Resident geek freak

Thumbs up Good on ya Lowndes

Jut saw C.L at Syd Motor Show
he was standing behind counter signing autographs n shaking hands

His attitude was top class!

big smile for everyone, listened and really thought about his answers, you know seemed interested in each person.

I asked him if he ever felt bad when he sees his old team win everything,
He said that he had just been over chatting to them, catching up. They doing their thing we're doing ours. The seasons basically over we didnt win the race we wanted (Bathurst), were working real hard on the newcar, currently fitting roll cage to it.
that he feels great about 2004

he talked for quite some time. real nice guy

Thing is I went past almost 3 hours later just before i left, and he's still there signing and smiling and chatting! Must of had writers cramp!

One of the Ford guys working came up to him and thanked him, he grinned and said, "no worries i really enjoyed it!"

HE won me over!
jemmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2002, 04:36   #2 (permalink)

Yeah, Mark larkham was the same.
Talked to him for about 15 minutes at the Ford Holden show. Top bloke...

I'm actually going for Lowndes and Ambrose next season, with Larkham just behind them because was just easy to get allong with.
FORDV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 04:49   #3 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Funny eh.. I used to dispise Lowndesy before his switch. Was still a but dubious when he came over but his attitude & professionalism have won me over. He has never said a bad word about HRT/HSV even though he got a right royal shafting & the bugger always smiles!

He's a credit to himself & his folks. Bloody good bloke.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 15:07   #4 (permalink)
cArSiK

Re: Good on ya Lowndes

Quote:
Originally posted by jemmex
Jut saw C.L at Syd Motor Show
he was standing behind counter signing autographs n shaking hands

His attitude was top class!

big smile for everyone, listened and really thought about his answers, you know seemed interested in each person.

I asked him if he ever felt bad when he sees his old team win everything,
He said that he had just been over chatting to them, catching up. They doing their thing we're doing ours. The seasons basically over we didnt win the race we wanted (Bathurst), were working real hard on the newcar, currently fitting roll cage to it.
that he feels great about 2004

he talked for quite some time. real nice guy

Thing is I went past almost 3 hours later just before i left, and he's still there signing and smiling and chatting! Must of had writers cramp!

One of the Ford guys working came up to him and thanked him, he grinned and said, "no worries i really enjoyed it!"

HE won me over!
I had a good chat to lowndesy at the show , he was there all day according to the woman behind the ford merchandise counter. He cant wait to take the new car for a drive once its all done and is very confident about next season. I got him to sign the bonnet bulge on my GT poster
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 15:21   #5 (permalink)
Crikey

Yep we have some real great guys in the Ford camp. I was like you FM and not sure about Craig when he came over but now he has my full admiration.

BTW Natalie Lowndes is a real gem as well. Even though heavily pregnant she was at Bathurst supporting Craig and smiling and enjoying the crowd. Good stuff Nat.
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 15:24   #6 (permalink)
bhr
FPR *Drooooooool*

I hope he's there on Saturday when I go ... I missed him last year
bhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 19:22   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by FORDV8
I'm actually going for Lowndes and Ambrose next season, with Larkham just behind them because was just easy to get allong with.
Hooray! Go larko! :) He is a great person, that's why I go for him...I hope they get on top of the BA early and whoop some ass next year.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 22:16   #8 (permalink)

Yeah
I found Cromley faily friendly too at Sandown last year. We had a bit of a chat and he signed stuff for me.
I think thats one thing Ford has over Holden, personalities.

There was a article in MOTOR I think and it says that V8 Supercars needs a personality such as Peter Brock.
They said that the only guys that could at the moment is Skaife because he is so fast but they said that hes so up-him-self that hes practically inside out.
I think that once Lowndes and Ambrose start getting better, fans will all go to Ford because they can win and are friendly.

Has anyone talked to Ingall before? He seems like he would be fairly approachable.
Falcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 22:21   #9 (permalink)
D_XR6 in a previous life

Thumbs up

Yeah I have spoken to Ingall a few times and always with one of my ford racing shirts on and he is a really cool bloke to! Also smiling and joking around like Lowndesy.
D_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 06:40   #10 (permalink)

Yea, big raps to Nat Lowndes too, she is a lovely lady.
TheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe