Gory's Corner - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2004, 20:14   #1 (permalink)
Mmmm, forbidden donut

Thumbs up Gory's Corner

Gotta love how this guy just tells it like it is...

GIANT STEPS

I walked away Sunday afternoon with a great sense of achievement, a sense of satisfaction and a very big smile.

Sure there were the usual problems and from an outsiders perspective we really didnt do well on the track. But let me assure you we took giant steps towards improvement this weekend. And I mean GIANT steps.

Before I get into all that I would like to make specific note of Mr Noskes drive. I am proud of him, I know the team is and he should be as well. As Dick Johnson once said Its a pig and I have driven a few pigs in my time. (After his crew had rebuilt him a car at Bathurst after the rock incident.) I can confirm Noske was in the same boat. With no horse power it is just damn hard to compete with these guys.

All our effort had gone into Bessys car, so Noske has been the hand-me-down-kid. For Noske to finish 20th overall with the slowest car in the field is an outstanding result.

Watch Out! I think there are some excellent results in Noske as we progress his car. And before you inundate me with emails I can assure you we are working on his engine and his car. These things take time. Both drivers will have their new engines come Willowbank. Instead of running 40hp down on the rest of the field we will only be 10hp down. It will be a whole different ball game, and I cant wait!!! So hang in there, we are close!

As for Bessys engine, it ceased in the pit garage on Thursday night. All new, all ready and 630 odd hp engine, ready to rumble. It was disappointing! However from every adversity comes opportunity and boy did we find opportunity. Because we had lack of power in both cars although Bessy had the better engine (just slightly), we were forced to push the cars beyond their capacity. Not that we havent done this before, it is however easier to do it where hp is not everything.

In doing so we found fundamental problems with the chassis of the OO Motorsport cars and fixed it!!

Now of course I cant go into it in great detail but I can tell you now, it is just a matter of hp, before we can compete in the Top 10. Then its baby steps upwards from there.

Our engine program is very close and sure for the ceased motor here at Perth, to delivering four engines which have much more horsepower than we have now. (It has been a key focus over the last 4 months and one which will pay dividends soon.)

In summary, Bessys weekend was disappointing and no one is more disappointed than Bessy. I know he was expecting good things here in Perth, to progress himself further in the championship.

Unfortunately, it wasnt to be. But Bessy recognizes the discoveries we made on Saturday and he confirmed them on Sunday. They have changed the dynamics of the cars and greatly improved the working of the chassis.

So there are good things to come. From Willowbank we will start performing like a race team. Both Noske and Besnard will have real race cars. I know you are excited by that. The drivers are excited, as am I, but most of all the team are excited.

The guys, as I have said before, are fantastic. They have worked tirelessly to build both Noske and Bessys cars and even when things looked grim, did so with spring in their step and a smile on their face. Our pit stops on Sunday were sensational to say the least. These guys are the unsung heroes of the sport. They make us look good.

I have said it before and I will say it again. We are a great team and this weekend proved it again.

1. We communicated better;
2. We understand each other more intimately;
3. We have a common purpose and achieved our objectives;
4. We improved the cars (DRAMATICALLY).

WATCH OUT FOR THE POWER OF PRIDE!!!

We are close, very close!

Check-ya!
Gory.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONTENDERS OR PRETENDERS?!

Contenders or Pretenders? What are we? We look like contenders, however unfortunately behaved like pretenders.

As the Captain of the team I need to take full responsibility for our poor performance in Darwin. We had every opportunity to perform better than we did. We just let ourselves down every time we looked good.

There are no excuses for it!

I cant blame the cars, they are very good. I cant blame the engines; they were much better than New Zealand (and getting better). And I cant even blame the drivers, although I want to. The fact is we performed badly as a team, and as the Captain my performance was terrible.

It would be easy to say This is only our fourth round, We have a lot to learn, we are a new team or We need more time to understand things. But that would just be too easy.

We knew what we were doing when we came into the sport and what was expected of us. This is the most competitive touring car championship in the world. We can either do it or we cant!

At Darwin we didnt do it. No excuses. And I am extremely embarrassed by our performance. We were a let down.

All I can promise is that Darwin was and will be our worst performance. Barring mechanical failure, driver error or racing incident, you will never see us perform that poorly again.

We are better than that!
We have more talent than that!
We will finish on the podium this year!

We havent lost our enthusiasm for the sport, our drive to succeed. Everyday we build more infrastructure. Everyday we develop that little bit more. We are constantly working on competing and performing at the highest level. We want to win! I stand by my earlier comments. We can do this and we will be very good at it.

Since Darwin we have made some changes to the engines, exhaust and some other secret squirrel stuff. We are looking forward to getting into the battle at Barbagallo, a track I am sure will suit our team, cars and drivers. Noske did well to qualify here last year in 8th and Bessy is ready to turn things around.

On a positive note, WPS now has an Adelaide office. This is a direct result of our relationship with Motorsport. Congratulations to the team at WPS and the new incoming team of WPS Adelaide. I am sure you will be very successful.

Canberra is not too far away, so stay tuned!

Over the next twelve months we intend to open more WPS offices Australia wide. This is a very exciting time for all of us at WPS and we look forward to building our business nationwide with you.

Thanks for all your support!

Check-ya,

Gory.

P.S. Remember to email me with any questions you may have at gory@wpsracing.net.au
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2004, 05:42   #2 (permalink)
V8 ute driver!

Re: Gory's Corner

Thats why i signed up to the fan club, brutal honesty is great to hear from a team owner rather than whinging which is what ya seem to get from alot of other race teams.
Any offer considered.
Now driving a 04 BA XR8 Manual Envi ute. Mods to come...
flavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe