GT-P in GT-P - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2002, 05:37   #1 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

GT-P in GT-P

The Yamaha team would be dying to get the mits on the new 290kw/520nm GT-P to replace thier underpowerd, underacheiving TS50.

I'm sure they will race FPV's in the future, how do you all reckon the new FPV GT-P would go? I reckon it beeing the only good looking car in the category (sti evo7 and new HSV looks awful) except for the mazda RX7. It will be successful because it will be like a great handling GTS. Should keep up with little awd cars through the twisites with a great chassis and all that low down torque, as well as eat them on something like conrod straight with all that power.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2002, 06:03   #2 (permalink)

Id like to see Ford winning in the other areas of Motorsport, and id really like to see the GT-P in the GT-P class. Perhaps it would be better to have the GT, due to the weight factor, or maybe wait for the GT-HO?
Barra_4_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 06:19   #3 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Quote:
Originally posted by Barra_4_Eva
Id like to see Ford winning in the other areas of Motorsport, and id really like to see the GT-P in the GT-P class. Perhaps it would be better to have the GT, due to the weight factor, or maybe wait for the GT-HO?
I dunno mate. The GT-P would only be a few kilos heavier than GT, and it would probably have better handling and braking. The TS50 was used instead of the TE, although in road trim the TE was marginally quicker. Trust me mate, all of the thigns which makes the GT-P heavier than the GT would be gone anyway. You think the GT-Perofrmance catgeory has cars running around with climate control?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Old 10-20-2002, 23:53   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra
I dunno mate. The GT-P would only be a few kilos heavier than GT, and it would probably have better handling and braking. The TS50 was used instead of the TE, although in road trim the TE was marginally quicker. Trust me mate, all of the thigns which makes the GT-P heavier than the GT would be gone anyway. You think the GT-Perofrmance catgeory has cars running around with climate control?
Are you sure that it was a TS50? I had heard that it was a TE50 and it has TE50 alloys?

Also, I think that they will stay with the T3 for next year because they have just started on working out how the car works and it would be a waste. But also, the GT should be a much better car.
Falcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 03:49   #5 (permalink)

Hello All,
I was speaking to John Carrol from Team Yamaha when they were guests at our last club meeting.
John said they are going to race the GT, the GT-P is to heavy.
They are also going to still run the TE50.

Steve.
Old 10-21-2002, 06:21   #6 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Out of Interest does anyone know how much more the GT-P weighs to the GT? Is it a considerably higher amount which would be detrimental to its track performance?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe