Ford Forums banner

GTP Racing.

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  1086 
#1 ·
A new turn of events has John Bowe returning to behind the wheel of the Mustang RA for the next round of GT Performance races in Queensland.
Lets hope he can destroy the feild like he did last time he was piloting the beast.:nuts: :D
And as has been said on these pages before, how good was it that an AU XR6 beat the field again in GT production....including a new VX SS!!
Russell.Procar web site

#2 ·
Yeah GTP is great. Gives us a more realistic idea of how cars off the showroom floor perform against each other. I think Daryl **** is probably the best driver out there in that class, thats why he beats those 5.7's. I'm still waiting for the day when a nice TE50 is entered:nuts:

Maybe they're waiting for the stroker:D :cool:

#3 ·
Yep , I agree JEM, I love following GTP, it's where we see our cars perform to their limits, something us mere mortals are unlikely to achieve (and live!). I can't wait to see the 220kw XR8 out there and I think a stroked TE50 is a must in GT Performance. I saw the Mustang perform at the GMC, it has one of the best sounding engines on the circuit, absolutely awesome. I was in the pits when they brought it in after it rolled. When I saw the damage, the roof almost flattened, I thought that's the end of it, I almost felt like crying. But the next day, there it was, having the final decals put on before it went out on to the track. Those repair blokes are miracle workers.

#5 ·
Mr GTHO said:
Read in Auto Action today that Bowey tested the Mustang and said it is a lot slower now since it was handicapped with a reduction of 500 revs. Said it was unfair to penalise it after 1 full race.
Crap isn't it.:fmad:
Considering that I'm lead to believe the powers that be in the same breath decided to give the Holden GTS a rev limit increase!
Russell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.