Guess who's back....back again - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2004, 17:34   #1 (permalink)
Tony Montana - Scarface

Guess who's back....back again

The controversial V8 Supercar points system from 2003 will be reintroduced in 2005 by TEGA plus a whole draft of changes for 2005.

Rules to be implemented by TEGA for 2005

1/ Drop your worst round after round 10 at Bathurst. The final three rounds of the series are all then counted towards the series. The points allocation will remain the same as the previous two seasons (ie First place gets 192 and every place after that decreases by 6 points).

2/ The mandatory use of the HANS device by drivers in the main series and the Development series.

3/ The adoption of a Teams Championship where points will be allocated in the same fashion as the driver's title. There will be two teams championships- one for two-car and one for single-car teams.

4/ There is now a restriction on the amount of cars Level 1 and 2 teams will be able to enter in the V8 Devlopment contest. Previously, unlimited number of entries were permitted, but from 2005, main series teams can face testing day deductions if they test and/or race the same model in the two series. Likewise, teams will only be allowed to test a maximum of two of the older model cars (VX and AU) per test day.

5/ And, "professional" drivers will not be allowed to enter the development V8 race at Bathurst. To be eligible to compete in the Bathurst development race, drivers must compete in at least four rounds prior to Bathurst. Davaid Brabham was one driver who took advantage of the konica Minolta race this year at Mount Panorama.
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2004, 21:27   #2 (permalink)

Re: Guess who's back....back again

FFS !!! again with worst round crap..... well have to win it again then.... this time 1,2 and 3 ford !!
tx3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 21:34   #3 (permalink)
Crikey

Yawn, more rearranging of the deck chairs to level the always unlevel playing field.

Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 21:53   #4 (permalink)
goooone

Still no insentive to race. Yay how exciting
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 05:52   #5 (permalink)

well i guess that means murphy can sit the final round out in the trailer if he needs to, rather than waste fuel running with the backmarkers

i thought the points this year worked great...........
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 16:47   #6 (permalink)
MrT

phew... I thought this thread was going to say Peter Brock was making a return.... again..

Love the avator by the way Seano14
Old 12-22-2004, 17:31   #7 (permalink)
Resident geek freak

I LIKE drop your worst.

You need points system that rewards the driver who goes hard, gets some great results but might crash or have a blow up along the way (coz he's a RACER), rather then the bloke who trundles along to 10th every race (thats not racing).

I think drop-your-worst will encourage "have a go" driving. It means you can afford to take a chance and drive for bust, take that passing and risk a crash or giving it stick and risk blowing the car to score a result. If you stuff up you can drop it, if you win you get the goodies.

But only drop one, coz if you drive like that and lose it regularly,well, you're a woodduck.

Without drop your worst, you have to be more conservative, cant afford to take a risk as every race counts, so dont push so hard, dont try and "do desperate" down the outside, or whatever. Must finish every race in the points, not try to win at all costs and take chances.

Plus drop your worst means its less likey that the final round will be "dead" with the championship placings decided.

Drop your worst was not unusual in the 60s and 70s.
Im sorry if it makes the points a bit hard to add up, mid year for people who need all their fingers to count, but the man on the telly will tell you whos winning.

I do think there are too many points tho. 192 or something for a win and points rite down to last is silly. I think points should only be down to 10th or there-abouts. If you dont finish in the top 10, you're not in the hunt.

At years end the series winners should be around the 100-200 point mark not 2000+ points.
jemmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 17:46   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemmex
But only drop one, coz if you drive like that and lose it regularly,well, you're a woodduck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemmex
I do think there are too many points tho. 192 or something for a win and points rite down to last is silly. I think points should only be down to 10th or there-abouts. If you dont finish in the top 10, you're not in the hunt.
so if you drive like that and finish outside the top 10 regularly you're on 0 points?
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 17:52   #9 (permalink)
goooone

Yep works for F1,WRC Moto-GP etc maybe expand it to the top 15 for the V8s as the field is a bit bigger. I would prefer to see the increase in points widen towards the top positions so that drivers will have more insentive to race rather then just cruise & collect
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 18:58   #10 (permalink)

At least they can now have a go at winning bathurst, if they crash out/blow up then that can be the dropped round assuming they have been consistant up to that point.

I would have prefered bathurst to not have been included in the points system, but this is a good compromise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT
phew... I thought this thread was going to say Peter Brock was making a return.... again..
haha same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe