How would you fix FPR's livery? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2003, 23:41   #1 (permalink)
Sith User

How would you fix FPR's livery?

Over on the website whose name should not be spoken, there's a thread about this year's liveries. Poor old FPR has been bagged out completely, quite understandably too.

So my question is, how should FPR go about fixing their livery(ies)?

..and before the 'sheep' start bleeting "It's lovely", "It's the best we've ever seen", "It doesn't need changing" - stop, clean your glasses, and take another look!
DarthFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2003, 01:21   #2 (permalink)
walking power

Once the other 2 BA's are finishined the livery's i think will look much better as they are designed more for the ba rather than the au.
And on lowndsey's car the silver should be a gold or yellow and the cat symbol should be blended in much better.
Old 04-10-2003, 01:26   #3 (permalink)
bhr
FPR *Drooooooool*

I am NOT a sheep, just because you think something sucks, does not mean everyone here has to agree with you.

I guess we should break this up into two bits:

1) Pure Visual aspect:

You saw the design of the FPR liveries on paper, and you've seen how the BA falcon of Besnard will look (and if you think THAT looks crap then I seriously think you have to get your eyes checked (but that's just my opinion isn't it.))

The only thing that really screws up the CAT livery at the moment is the ommision of the green eyes in the final product (that would have made a massive difference to the front end IMO)

The Besnard and Seton liveries look semi decent at the moment, but if the show car at the unvieling is the one Besnard will be using in BA spec (and I strongly believe it will be - the paint scheme that is) then his car will look extremely savvy when he finally gets a BA spec car. Seto's car is only slightly different from Besnards car, so I reckon that will look pretty sweet in BA spec too.

2) The Team Colours/etc/I want to winge cos its not like HRT/other teams bit:

Granted they don't look like other teams when stood next to each other, with the only difference in most teams two cars being the drivers name in the window.

However, this does not stop them from sharing a similarity that flows across in all the cars, and by having different major sponsors on all the cars, it avoids the billion stickers everywhere which would IMO ruin the simplicity of the design (though in some cases that look does look quite good ( like in the Pirtek falcon of Marcos Ambrose))

I'm not as fussed about this part as most people seem to be - they are a team, the drivers are together, and each major sponsor of the FPR team gets the limelight on each of the cars, which is a great thing for the sponsors, and any future sponsor considering sponsoring the team.

Conclusion:

"Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder"

That is a pure lie - it lies in the mind of the beholder - no one can look at anything without their perception of how things should look affecting what they register in their minds. This holds true in this case too, if you think it looks like complete and utter shite, then good for you. That does not mean however that they ARE complete and utter shite.

Cheers,
bhr.
Old 04-10-2003, 01:55   #4 (permalink)
ex-Ford owner

Someone on here previously did a mockup of how they thought Lowndes' car should have looked. They change the silver to gold/yellow and added yellow headlight covers.

Don't know where that image is now or who did it, but it looked absolutely excellent and was the perfect fix for that car.
XYFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 02:58   #5 (permalink)
Sith User

You're right XY - the yellow Lowndes car looked a lot better, more integrated. I don't know why they picked silver for the base of Lowndes' car - unless they wanted to hold onto some kind of memory of his time at 00.

I understand the reasoning behind having distinct liveries, it works really well for SBR - but not as well in the final FPR product. I reckon they should exploit the FPR logo more - down the side - the bird gets lost in the mix a bit.

I liked the designs on paper - even the Lowndes car looked good, but in the flesh there's something missing. But I am glad someone likes it - good on ya bhr - didn't mean to call you a sheep - just didn't want to turn this thread into a "I like it, and I have no reason for liking it, apart from being a one eyed Ford supporter"! I'm a one-eyed Ford supporter, but I like the cars I cheer on to look the goods.

So, here I go out on a limb and put my poor design skills out for all to see. A bit busier than the current idea - but at least you'd know somwthing's going on when 3 of these tun up on race day;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fpr-proper.jpg (36.0 KB, 119 views)
DarthFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 03:35   #6 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

I really don't care what they look like (can't get much worse than the VY's) as long as they win.
Old 04-10-2003, 04:55   #7 (permalink)
bhr
FPR *Drooooooool*

That looks alright Darth, the falcon looks great, but the business of the middle isn't matched at the front and the rear (thats the problem with livery/general design - either keep it ALL simple or keep it ALL busy).

Good effort though :)
Old 04-10-2003, 19:05   #8 (permalink)

i think that sketch u did of what all three FPR cars should look like is great (not just Lowndes), that FPR logo on the side is mad, and the blue and silver just match brilliantly, pitty they did not do something like that this year

maybe next yeat eh....
jey_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 22:38   #9 (permalink)
X-TRAIL 4X4

Lowndes paintwork could do with some improvement I must admit.

But I don't mind Besnard's and Seto's.

The DJR ford's have the best paintwork this year, followed by Ingall's.

-- Webber + Williams = 2005 Champs --
Stealth00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe