I met Micheal Schumacher at 4am this morning!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2004, 20:46   #1 (permalink)
2nd car....XR6turbo

Thumbs up I met Micheal Schumacher at 4am this morning!!!

Hey guys,
i just thought i would share this unique experience with u that happened to me this morning. i Met and shook hands with 6 times F1 world champ, Michael Schumacher. I wasn't a fan before this, but after meeting him and shacking his hand, and taking a photo using my phone, i can honestly say this guy is just awesome. My friends and i waited for 2 hours, after seeing his maserati behind southbank, to meet and shake hands with him, and it was worth every minute. He took the time to sign my mates shirt and another guys ferrari flag and shake hands with us after we congradulated him on his victory. He was kind, and even cracked a joke when i asked to take a photo of him. This is honestly the best thing that has happened to me, and if i could, would wish that all of u had of experienced what i did.

steve
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2004, 20:48   #2 (permalink)

Re: I met Micheal Schumacher at 4am this morning!!!

I wouldnt want to meet the smug up himself bastard!

Haha! just shit stiring! sounds pretty cool
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 22:19   #3 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Your a lucky person, some people may think he is smug and up himself but we have to remember the lifestyle he is living and how people are like when money is involved.it's the lifestyle.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 23:44   #4 (permalink)
Resident geek freak

I have met all sorts of people at 4am after a night onthe turps.
Even Elvis, and The Devil and JFK
After a few I see all sorts of people.
But you got autographs and photo. LOL
congrats.

Of course I have never met the man, but funnily enough in all his interviews etc I have ever seen of him, I never thought of him as Smug, arrogant etc. Always seems like a fairly decent bloke, for a single minded, world beating, no nonsense, mega-rich world champion sportsman that is.

I get sick of people slagging off these people as being arogant smug up themselves etc.
Look down the list of ultra-champions in any international professional sports, or recent F1 for that matter. How many of them could be described as "great blokes, always ready for a beer and a bbq and a chat"?

You dont get to number one unless u got the killer instinct and how casual can you be when every minute of the day (even at 4am ofter a night out) you got people coming up and asking for autographs comments etc. (I know what I would say at 4am and it wouldnt be repeatable in front of the kiddies)
jemmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 02:08   #5 (permalink)
2nd car....XR6turbo

I'd agree with that, i would hate being nagged too, but thats what made it so special, the fact that he didn't show that it might have frustrated him, and he was happy to sign and shake hands with us. As i said, he is just an awesome bloke.
Old 03-08-2004, 21:42   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I hope you congratulated him on a bloody brilliant drive on Sunday arvo!

Bastard...!
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:19   #7 (permalink)
spaced out

I meet him last year before the grand prix it was about a week before,these 3 guys ask to sit at my table sure no Problems, just 3 guts wanting lunch, no spare tables, i hadent order yet they insisted that they pay for my lunch, i told them i can pay for my own, but they said since we invaded your table we will pay, fine we chattted about the F1 and when the fact we were all going, when they left they threw me a couple of passes and said see you in the pit lane. Then it clicked who they were it was MS and 2 minders

Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:39   #8 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

He may seem arrogant to some but he has to be like steel in front of others. Not let anyone get to him. keep his mind on the road. He is a machine not man. He has confidence in himself which is mistaken for arrogance. He is very private and keeps to himself. Good on him. Congrats you lucky so and so for meeting one of the great sportsmen.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:47   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripper
Then it clicked who they were it was MS and 2 minders
do you mean mark skaife??

if so... damn funny that he has to pay people to sit with him
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:48   #10 (permalink)

haha, took a while to click??
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe