IMO Fisichella won the race not Raikkonen - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2003, 22:36   #1 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

IMO Fisichella won the race not Raikkonen

I am discusted with the rules that F1 have at the moment.

It should be whoever was leading the last full lap that wins the race and not 2 laps before.

****** was robbed!
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2003, 22:55   #2 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

No,

declaring the winner from 2 laps previous to a red flag has been standard international practice for years.

2 local instances I can think of:

Godzilla won Bathurst with Richards/Skaife at the wheel while it was in a pile of debris up at Forrest Elbow - DJR #17 Sierra first across the line to greet red flag - but the result was take from 2 laps prior.

2nd instance was kharmic justice when Jnr Johnson & the Rat won the QLD500 in 2001 from the sand trap while Russ & LP were leading when that race was red flagged. Lap countback secured DJR the win.

I don't even think Eddy thinks he was ripped off - he knows that rule as well as anyone else, and while ****** are rightfully disappointed, I doubt they'd even think of taking it any further.
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 23:05   #3 (permalink)
Resident geek freak

I have no problem with it.
Its a common rule, the only thing is i thought it was the last completed lap, which was like 1 lap back not two.

Not that it really matters, just curious.
jemmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 23:59   #4 (permalink)
Crikey

As far as I'm aware the winner is determined at the last completed lap before the red flag was shown.
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 00:55   #5 (permalink)

Would have been great to see Fisi take a win, he sure deserves it

ack another win by Rons Mcnosouls

F1 is painful at the mo.

Forza Minardi e' Ferrari
Fankster_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 10:47   #6 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

So why did Martin Brundel and James Allen say during the telecast that Fisichella won because he was leading at the end of the last completed lap just after the Alonso crash?

If they knew about the 2 lap rule they would've said that Fisichella won...Blundel knows the rules inside out.

BTW Radisich and Johnson won the 2001 QLD 500 race by the last full lap rule.....not the 2 lap rule.
Old 04-08-2003, 15:45   #7 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

I have only ever been aware of the last full lap rule, has happened many times in Superbikes and MotoGP when you get rain in a "dry" race.

Is the same in most forms of motorsport so I thought?
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 16:35   #8 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Must admit I thought it was the last completed lap not 2 before the red flag. Learn something new everyday I guess..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 19:38   #9 (permalink)
Australian Probe Member

I understand that the two lap count back has something to do with the use of the Safety Car.
It's meant to go back to a point where no one can have drawn any advantage from the incident. ie avoiding people racing to the finish line to improve their position or going through the Pits etc.
Old 04-09-2003, 03:35   #10 (permalink)

This just in from atlasf1.com.

Fisichella Set to be Granted Brazil Win:

Italian Giancarlo Fisichella is set to be named as the winner of last Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix after the FIA admitted the result information given by the timekeepers may have been incorrect.

The race was understood to have been stopped during the 55th lap, when Spaniard Fernando Alonso crashed out on the last corner and the results were classified for the 53rd lap. But the FIA now understand Fisichella had started his 56th lap of the race and the officials of the meeting will meet on Friday, April 11th, to discuss the results.

The FIA told Atlas F1 they had "received evidence that contrary to the information supplied by the timekeepers at the Brazilian GP car no 11 had started its 56th lap before the race was stopped.

"If this proves to be the case the race classification would be at the end of the 54th lap and not at the end of the 53rd lap as published. In accordance with article 179b of the international sporting code the stewards of the Brazilian Grand Prix will reconvene on Friday 11th April at 11:00 hours at the FIA headquarters in Paris to review the results of the event.

"All competitors who would be effected by any change to the classification are being invited to attend."
walexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe