Indy 300 - Ur Opinion - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2002, 07:49   #1 (permalink)

Indy 300 - Ur Opinion

i dont think there is gonna be much of a difference in opinion, considering it was a big dissapointment. Not it was the organisers fault, just luck has it, a tropical storm sits its arse right when there is a good race gonna go on. Pity though, i was looking forward to it....

I thought the v8 race was pretty damn good, and a good showing for Ford (as mentioned in other threads)....
Barra_4_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2002, 13:40   #2 (permalink)

I missed the second V8 race but caught the hoghlights on the news. WTF was going on with that guy on the track? Did he have a death wish or what?

I was bored sh*tless watching the restart of the Indy cars yesterday doing lap after lap behind the pace car. They should of just packed the cars away. It would of been dissapointing for fans and sponsers but I could see no point in the so called 'race' that was being run. Plus it was dangerous for the drivers.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 05:26   #3 (permalink)
Still Here! Barely...

I was actually their at the time and i understand why the ha dto restart and continue on with the race. They really cant afford just get rid of a round. There has to be a winner and it ended up with luck being the main contender. Although i guess waiting for the restart was boring for the TV viewers but it was pretty good from where i was. I got to see the crews rebuilding cars (mario dominguiz, he was lareday on his spare car!!) and wheel out spare cars. But shame about the race.. owell i'll be going next yr! no doubt about that!
The V8's were awesome, best time of my life. Got ticket to go in the V8 supercar paddock, awesome!! Got a picture with besnard too!! Met rick kelly, John Bowe and Bargwanna in the paddock. Saw ambrose at a small distance. Have lots of signatures from a signature thing i went too.
I was in total bliss the whole 4 days and i wish it was still on. No more sounds of the cars, no more smells of burning rubber, no more nothing. :( i am sad :( i should of taped the sounds... gawd the sound good.... mmmmmmm *wonders off into v8 dreamtime*....

Proud DUAG member!

Under a smidge bit of construction - *http://au.geocities.com/crystalized13/*
fordchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 05:39   #4 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

The officials shouldn't of started the race.

It was clearly too dangerous to have cars so low to the ground in conditions like those. What were they thinking?

The only positive thing to come out of the race was having Ford powered cars come 1st and 2nd :s3
Old 10-30-2002, 20:42   #5 (permalink)
Still Here! Barely...

shame it was pure luck though!

Owell next yr it looks like there will be ONLY ford powered CART cars.... Honda and Toyota are leaving to join IRL (which pretty bad compaed to CART!)

Proud DUAG member!

Under a smidge bit of construction - *http://au.geocities.com/crystalized13/*
fordchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe