Ford Forums banner

Ingall vs Skaife

13K views 128 replies 67 participants last post by  6pAc|30nG|00n 
#1 ·
The 1st thing i have to say is the obvious... a huge congrats to Ford, SBR and Ambrose for an outstanding year and an awesome return to form for the last round. excellent...

2nd... I think i'm the only Ford supporter here that is of the opinion that Ingall's antics was totally PURPOSEFULL... why??

It was clear that on exit of the corner they were rubbing doors and exchanging blows, Ingall didn't have much room and yes, his left rear dropped off the track, when he got back on they were still side by side again rubbing eachother up, then cars were in a straight line and at this point Rusty had plenty of room. On close examination, focusing on Ingall's fronts, you see he turn hard right into Skaife resulting in the crash.

We can say all we like that Skaife didn't leave enough room etc, but the fact is, he did as Ingall had a straight car and line, there was no reason to attack the way he did. Many times before, cars have gone waaay further off the track and rejoining no problem...

The incident after that with both drivers taunting one another was as everybody else has expressed, both at fault.

The incident with Skaife in the SBR pit, totally wrong and uncalled for.

The interview that Skaife gave after that was much better, he had calmed down and gave an accurate account as to what had happened. It was also great to hear his positive comments about SBR, Ford, and AMBROSE....

In recent years, i find it difficult to remember Skaife ever being unsportsman like on the track, he is a fair and tough racer... This is all very hard to say as i am a true Ford fan and many here know that, i've been on these forums as long as anybody (pretty much)... I am NOT a Skaife fan, but i do have respect for him.

I taped the racing and viewed the incident many times and to me it's quite clear that it definitely didn't have to end that way, Russell retaliated when he shouldn't have.

Cheers,
Chris

See less See more
#5 ·
Skaife made his way down to the SBR pit's, stormed through the door and up to Ross (?) Stone and had a go at him, all this after Ross had just told the channel 10 commentator previously he didn't get to see what happened.

In my opinion that's the worst thing that happened during the whole weekend, the crashes and tantrums before then fade into insignificance comapred to the contempt Beakerhead treated the SBR garage to.

If someone marched down to the HRT garage, barged their way through the door and had a go at Grech, they'd be all up in arms about it as well. It's a blatent lack of discipline and sportsmanship and simply not good enough IMO.

#6 ·
stole this from ten-tenths.com.. posted by Andrew Quested
-----------------
The following was taken from an HRT press release that I just received by e-mail:

The subsequent Stewards' hearings lasted until almost 11.00pm, with the following penalties handed down:

Mark Skaife:

For his part in the initial contact, Skaife was penalised 30 Championship points. Skaife has indicated he will appeal this decision.

For remaining by his car and not retiring behind the concrete wall, for disobeying an official's directive (to move behind the wall) and conduct prejudicial to the sport, Skaife received a $10,000 fine and was penalised 75 Series points.

A 12 months suspended penalty of a 3-round suspension, to be of good behaviour

Russell Ingall:

For his part in the initial contact, Ingall was penalised 70 Championship points.

For conduct prejudicial to the sport (by swerving towards Skaife), Ingall received a $15,000 fine and was excluded from the meeting.

A 12 months suspended penalty of a 3-round suspension, to be of good behaviour.

Skaife's total loss of 105 points does not affect his 3rd place in the final Championship standings, however Ingall's total points penalty (70 for the first incident plus the loss of 150 points from his weekend haul) was 220
and drops him from 4th to 9th in the overall Championship (subject to official confirmation.)

Due to this incident, Ambrose and Ford's Series win will have to share the media spotlight for the moment which is unfortunate as Marcos fully deserved his title and was emphatic in winning both races of the final round at Eastern Creek - especially given the pressure he was under, after his recent ordinary form.

#8 ·
jemmex said:
stole this from ten-tenths.com.. posted by Andrew Quested
-----------------
The following was taken from an HRT press release that I just received by e-mail:

The subsequent Stewards' hearings lasted until almost 11.00pm, with the following penalties handed down:

Mark Skaife:

For his part in the initial contact, Skaife was penalised 30 Championship points. Skaife has indicated he will appeal this decision.

For remaining by his car and not retiring behind the concrete wall, for disobeying an official's directive (to move behind the wall) and conduct prejudicial to the sport, Skaife received a $10,000 fine and was penalised 75 Series points.

A 12 months suspended penalty of a 3-round suspension, to be of good behaviour

Russell Ingall:

For his part in the initial contact, Ingall was penalised 70 Championship points.

For conduct prejudicial to the sport (by swerving towards Skaife), Ingall received a $15,000 fine and was excluded from the meeting.

A 12 months suspended penalty of a 3-round suspension, to be of good behaviour.

Skaife's total loss of 105 points does not affect his 3rd place in the final Championship standings, however Ingall's total points penalty (70 for the first incident plus the loss of 150 points from his weekend haul) was 220
and drops him from 4th to 9th in the overall Championship (subject to official confirmation.)

Due to this incident, Ambrose and Ford's Series win will have to share the media spotlight for the moment which is unfortunate as Marcos fully deserved his title and was emphatic in winning both races of the final round at Eastern Creek - especially given the pressure he was under, after his recent ordinary form.

What a whole ( i wont say what ingall lost more,?? because he got pushed out, ... YOU KNOW WHAT if we have drivers like Skumfe and Murphy WHO ARE BABIES AND ARE SOOKS, they might aswell ride their tricycles and pedal their sorry arses up s**T creek!

#9 ·
interestingly The Age gives a different tally of the point penalties.

"Both drivers were given a three-race ban suspended for one year. Ingall also received a $15,000 fine and a total 220-point penalty, and Skaife was fined $10,000 and had 135 points subtracted. Ingall went from fourth to ninth in the series as a result, Skaife to sixth."

"Both drivers have appealed and will appear again before officials on Thursday."

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/11/30/1070127270190.html

This differs again from whats on the V8Supercars website which shows Skaife 3rd and Ingall 7th.

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/v8data/2003/dpprgmjreasy.asp?ssn=2003&ts=PS

so who really knows in the end.

I think we will have to wait a few days untill the appeals are dealt with.

#10 ·
JEM said:
*snip*
It was clear that on exit of the corner they were rubbing doors and exchanging blows, Ingall didn't have much room and yes, his left rear dropped off the track, when he got back on they were still side by side again rubbing eachother up, then cars were in a straight line and at this point Rusty had plenty of room. On close examination, focusing on Ingall's fronts, you see he turn hard right into Skaife resulting in the crash.
*snip*
Cheers,
Chris
I agree 100%, that is exactly how I saw it as well. I have just captured it to my computer, and in slow motion replays from behind it is obvious if you look at the front left wheel that he turns towards Skaife. Not smart Ingall.

#11 ·
RED_EL_XR8 said:
I beg to differ. Seem to remember a KA Laser one make series when the lad was just a whipper-snapper and a hell of a lot of other suspect manouvers in between. The boy thinks he has a god given right to push a pass. Wins some, loses some. Today he lost!
Yes i agree 100pc.

Also if you watch the footage again. SCAIFE's Car draws first blood.

Smacking russells car. then if russell contined on that line he would have put both left hand wheels on the dirt.

And what gives scaife or anyone else the right too be a hot head. i would be pissed off also if i was Russell he is being played as the bad boy. when in fact Scaife started it. Irrispective of who drives for who.

SCAIFE IS NOT THE V8 GOD. Now this should bring him down too earth.

And running upto Mr Stone and abusing him for his (Scaife) own mistake. well who does he think he is ???

#12 ·
-70 points thats bull. We need have a whip round and buy the stewards a decent monitor for their video.

Q: If snozz had have passed (he had the fresh tyres) without trying to push Russell of the circuit in the same move, would any of this have eventuated?

He'll claim he needed the whole track so if thats true that red car really is a POS.

#17 ·
RED_EL_XR8 said:
I beg to differ. Seem to remember a KA Laser one make series when the lad was just a whipper-snapper and a hell of a lot of other suspect manouvers in between. The boy thinks he has a god given right to push a pass. Wins some, loses some. Today he lost!

I also agree with this.

There is no love lost between these two drivers. And blame should be shared between them both.

All Skaife had to do was not try and hang Russell out on the dirt and he would have had position for the next corner.

And equally, Russell a little less 'rubbing'.

#18 ·
It is pretty clear cut to me......
Skaife tried to bully Ingall just like he has done to others many times, (cause he just seems to think he is special). This time someone fought back (INGALL YOU LEGEND! :notwthy: ) and Skaife came off 2nd best and he sooked like a big baby.......

#19 ·
There was fault on both drivers part in that Skaife tried to hang Ingall out to dry and Ingall retaliated by pushing back into Skaife a lot harder than necessary.

The punishment fits the crime, although Skaife needs his arse kicked for manhandling Ross Stone. Lets move on, we're #1..............

#21 ·
This is my point of view of the aftermath (the incident is something different - racing incident just like Not So and Ambrose earlier in the year),as a CAMS official myself.

1. Mark staying on the track for a good 5 mins (Ingall pitted after the contact).

Offence: Disregarding a track marshal and putting himself and every other drivers life in danger by not leaving the track. Ambrose received a ($10,000?) fine for standing on the pit wall eariler in the year.

2. Russell swerving towards him.

It was unclear as to if he swerved directly towards him from the footage I saw, he went in his direction, but only incar footage would show if the front of his car was pointed directly at him.

3. Mark man handling Ross Stone.

Man handling someone for something they didn't do is disgraceful, it's not needed in this sport, especially from a top sportsman like Mark, yes if it was Russell that man handled Jeff the world would end.

My Conclusion: If Mark didn't stay on the track NONE of this would've happened, and for man handling a team owner Mark has committed the biggest offence, therefore should get the biggest penalty, but as we see this never happened.

#22 ·
Skaife could have chose to give russel room and he would have had the inside line for the next right hand corner, all he had to do was move over half a car and he would have been alright, but what he did was common in motor racing and i use to do it myself, you simply run wide in the corner and push the other driver onto the dirt and make it look like you had as much steering on as you could and that the car was drifting out wide and was out of your control, but sometimes it bites you and this is what happened to skaife

#23 ·
I do believe that if Ingall had not have swerved at Skaife on the following lap, Ingall just may have gotten away with being penalised. Swerving at another driver, on the yellow flag situation and going flat out isnt gonna go down too well for Ingall imo.

On the other hand, Skaife is human afterall and he should be treated as a human and not act as if he owns the whole series! I dont condone what he did to Ross Stone, man handling another team manager like Skaife did was uncalled for and really the punishment fits the crime imo.

#24 ·
all you guys are missing an important point. Both drivers came out of the corner, Ingall got back on track after only a minor "off road" journey, then he had plenty of room and a straight racing line, he then turn hard right into Skaife.

Watch it with an unbiased mind (if possible), and if it helps, imagine it was Ambrose coming up the inside with a holden driver on the outside turning into him, everybody would be in disgust...

#26 ·
This is what i saw and im sure most of you would agree...

Skaife and ingall were coming up straight close together around the first corner... Ingall didnt have room on his side but SKUMFE did on his right, plenty of room to be able to take control and pass ingall on 2nd turn but no skumfe wanted to be a SHOWOFF and throw ingall of the Bloody APEX as i said before there was no room for ingall.. so should ingall sit there and do nothing ??? i dont think so!! .. so what he did was land skaife into the waLL, sparks and more sparks coming from his driver side.. which was a BLOODy great site .. so after skaife got out of his car and threw his helmet to one of the stewards or whatever you may call it.. decided to go onto the racing strip which is against Racing Policy Rules and also to enter SBR pits and be a big FAT sook to Ross or Jimmy Stone.. Skumfe Deserves it big SOOKY loser.. sore losers like that deserve to lose 2nd place.. Ingall is a Legend.. and Ive actually spoken to him face to face .. true gentleman true enforcer true Legend..
GO AMBROSE Congratulations! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.