Ingalls Ultimate Payback - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2004, 20:05   #1 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

Ingalls Ultimate Payback

Sorry if this has been posted before.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23770,00.html

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ingall title 'ultimate payback'
March 2, 2004

RUSSELL INGALL has revealed his wife was hospitalised and he received threats over his infamous V8 Supercar "race rage" confrontation with Mark Skaife.

The Ford driver remains angry with Skaife for comments made afterwards and says he'll refuse to acknowledge the Holden star this season unless Skaife wants to clear the air face to face.

Ingall also says winning the 2004 championship would provide the "ultimate payback".

Renowned for his steely approach to the sport and nicknamed "The Enforcer", Ingall was taken aback by the reaction to controversy which followed the 2003 final round incident at Eastern Creek in December.

And he's still upset by the effect it had on his family.

His wife Julia was taken to hospital with a stress-related condition. She has since recovered.

"My wife did end up in hospital. I don't want to talk too much about it, but I'm very angry about it," said Ingall.

"The way the incident was taken, the way it was perceived, when it comes to your family life, your wife and kids and that - they take to heart everything that is said.

"It affects a lot more than the person involved - it harms everyone around you.

"Motorsport's the same demographic as football.

"You get a lot of really genuine motorsport followers who are great people. But there is an element of people who are over-passionate, or not very smart, who make ridiculous, stupid comments and threats."

Ingall said little as the media storm raged, and admits his part - swerving his Ford toward Skaife, who was remonstrating with him trackside over their collision which put him out of the race - was "not the smartest thing I've ever done".

He was concerned by suggestions made later in some sections of the media that he'd endangered the Holden driver's life with his actions - something he categorically denies.

He was also annoyed by Skaife's post-incident comments which pinned the blame on him.

"I've not spoken to him (Skaife) since and unless he wants to get something off his chest face-to-face, not through the media, I'll refuse to acknowledge him," Ingall said.

"I'm not going to go out there and do anything stupid.

"My biggest motivation and the ultimate payback will be winning the championship.

"I'm going to try as hard as I can to achieve that.

"There will be nothing better than standing up there at the presentation night and picking up that trophy.

"That will be the ultimate retaliation."

Ingall's words add further spice to his first race with Skaife since Eastern Creek in the non-championship V8 Supercar event at the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne starting on Thursday.

Ingall, who turned 40 last week, has every reason for optimism going into his second season with Ford's leading team, Stone Brothers Racing (SBR).

Team-mate Marcos Ambrose's championship win last year proved SBR has a competitive racing package, with both BA Falcons stripped back to basics and given a ground-up rebuild.

Ingall has set himself the target of beating Ambrose to win the title.

"The way my team-mate's going, if I beat him, I don't think there'll be too many ahead of him.

"It's no use picking soft targets. If you don't have strong competition, you don't pick up your level. "Marcos has taken it up a notch. Now I've got to lift."
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2004, 20:19   #2 (permalink)
true blue thru & thru

Re: Ingalls Ultimate Payback

interesting.
so is ingall and skaife still doing v8 superstars???

would definately make for an interesting show. as they constantly gave it to each other in previous years on the show.

any news on that?
Old 03-07-2004, 20:53   #3 (permalink)

I'd bloody say, the whole reason i started that shutup skaife thread is because i tohught the Holden guys where taking it so bloody over-board its not funny.

Holden Merchandise better be coming out with nappies for their fans this year
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 20:55   #4 (permalink)
Ford Member

anyway who was still going strong when they finished , wasnt big nose Shaife , and for Rick Kelly i think he was running back to the pitts to tell his mummy
menace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 21:09   #5 (permalink)
true blue thru & thru

hahahaha^^^^^

2 of the best call ive EVER heard

(in last 2 posts)
Old 03-07-2004, 21:59   #6 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Unfourntunetly we have to share this world with childish,over sellest people,that have no respect for other's,what happened between MS and RI happened in the heat of the moment and both probably regret the after math,but it did happen and we have to move on, and to bring their family's into it is wrong.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 22:24   #7 (permalink)

From what it says, I don't think his family was brought into it, except that what was being said about Ingall affected his family. He's always enjoyed talking tough, and he's earned his reputation from his mouth and his on track antics. Perhaps he should have thought about the effects his own actions would have on his family.

IF there were threats against his family, then sure, that's a disgrace, but he never actually says that. If there were threats against him, then they probably were no worse than some of the things people say about Skaife.
98Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 23:50   #8 (permalink)

publications like Auto Action i believe can be blamed for dragging it out by always talking about it, like in V8X they didnt put as much effort in to talking about the acident as Auto Action did.

I'm not sure what other magazines where saying, I cant afford to buy them all
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 00:05   #9 (permalink)

sad indeed. i hope he gets his revenge!
tx3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 00:15   #10 (permalink)
Ingall Fan

I hope ingall can win a championship i love the way he races, it's hard and before some of you jump in and sledge his style think of NZ last year only ingall could have helped ambrose that much and as much coverage he gets when he turns someone around think of all the sucessful pases he makes he is a HARD charging RACER every round and if Ambrose doesn't win this year then i hope that Ingall or Lowndes does.

Go SBR and FPR for 04!!!!
240 T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe