Interesting survey... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2003, 13:55   #1 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

confused Interesting survey...

as posted on LS1 by Merlin... hope you don't mind me posting your thread Merlin if your browsing.. :)

Quote:
Hey all found out some interesting info today. My brother works in advertising (market research) and recently they did a survey of the car driving public. Three questions were asked, you had to answer yes to the first two, in order to be allowed to answer the third question:

a) Do you have a drivers license?
b) Would you ever consider buying a new Holden or Ford?
c) Do you believe that the V8 cars raced at Bathurst each year (ignoring saftey featurs such as rollcages) are almost identical to the showroom cars sold by Holden and Ford.

Unbelievably 85% of respondants answered yes to question 3!!!!

(By the way - the car company that commisioned the survey was not Holden or Ford but another large manufacturer.)

- In all honesty I didnt realise the general public is so misinformed! Holden and Ford (in hope of wins to come) must love the result of this survey. I think it shows both Ford and Holden mislead the public on this issue.

Recently there was a full page add in the Sydney papers showing an SS Commodore with the headline 5 Bathurst wins in a row - do you agree this is unlawful advertising (and I am sure Ford would have done the same ad if they had won bathurst)

V8 Supercar series is good and I watch it, but I would love for it to go back to production car racing as being the premier motorsport in this country. I think its much more interesting and would lead to better cars for us - the consumer.
Sounds like Mitsubishi are in full swing....
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2003, 13:57   #2 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

Re: Interesting survey...

Ok they don't share any mechanical components with their road going cars but neither do the rally cars do they?? Thing is though the v8's LOOK pretty much the same as their road going cars except the big ass wing...i wasn't suprised at all by the result....
Old 11-12-2003, 14:53   #3 (permalink)
کhậ۴ţ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
Sounds like Mitsubishi are in full swing....
Never a truer word uttered...

shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 17:38   #4 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

At least with rally cars there is some hope that the advances they develop will end up in road cars, since they haven't gone up a technical blind alley.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 01:23   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
At least with rally cars there is some hope that the advances they develop will end up in road cars, since they haven't gone up a technical blind alley.

So true outback_ute so true!

On a separate note, bring on a Mitsu V8 Supercar!
Old 11-14-2003, 16:33   #6 (permalink)
Scoob010

Then we go the full circle. Manufacturers start beefing up production cars for the race cars..... supercar scare...... please DON'T bring production cars back as the premier group, it's worse for the buyer in the long run.
Old 11-14-2003, 18:21   #7 (permalink)

you know what i miss on tele the most,all the motor racing australia had,i used to watch the full lot of racing of saloon racing,commodore cup racing,GP production,the worx now i see more V8 then anything which i dont mind but i miss the good old bump n racing the other classes use to bring now its all about nations cup and v8's bring back the others (on tv)..
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!

Last edited by hoon69; 11-14-2003 at 18:25.
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe