Irvine: "Schumi's crash my happiest moment" - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2002, 12:37   #1 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

mad Irvine: "Schumi's crash my happiest moment"

Schumacher's crash was the happiest moment of my career
Reveals Eddie Irvine [06/07/02 - 15:20]

Irvine:"Michael Schumacher claims the Silverstone crash which broke his leg still haunts him... for me it was the happiest moment of my career," he told the Sun. "Once the team had told me he was okay I remember sitting in the car trying to contain my joy at his misfortune because it meant I would be able to challenge for the world crown (he went on to finish runner-up to Mika Hakkinen).”

"There's little doubt that had Michael not had his crash he would have won the title that year - but he only has himself to blame. Everybody thinks that brake failure was responsible for the incident but I would like to put the record straight and record how the scenario really unfolded. I was really energised for the race because the car was doing great but I was also really hacked off with Michael.”

"He had been quoted as saying that I had only helped him a couple of times when the truth was that I had moved over for him several times without the team even asking me. I felt his comments were ungracious so when I flew past him at the start I decided to brake so late going into the corner that there would be no way he could come by me without sliding wide. He braked, locked up, came off the brakes and then tried to sweep by me.”

"But then he had to brake again when he realised he wasn't going to make it and that's when a nipple in the brakes snapped and sent him straight into the tyre wall."

What a d!ckhead !!
FPRXR-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2002, 16:27   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

This would have to be the most ungracious thing I have heard in relation to a fellow competitor. It is supposed to be sport - not war. By all means be as aggressive and determined as it is necessary to be on the track but to actually be happy that a fellow competitor has suffered a serious injury is the stuff that should see you put in a room with soft walls and a back to front Jacket.

Never had much time for the whining little prick anyway but now (at least) there is good reason.

Let us hope that he is never in the situation of being seriously injured because I don't expect he will get much help and support from his fellow competitors - although he probably would because the majority of them are true sportsmen.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 16:52   #3 (permalink)
Australian Probe Member

EI does seem to be loosing the plot. I'm all for 'colour & movement' in driver comments but he doesn't have anything positive to say about anything lately.
Probably preparing for retirement & a 'tell all' book!:bcool:
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 17:44   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

man.. this is what happens when massive money and massive ego's get into a sport.. it's pure business. I wonder if eddie will feel the same when he breaks something in a crash?

jayzus some people are heartless
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 07:38   #5 (permalink)
3FB Food Press

He also neglected to mention that if Schumacher hadn't done such a good job working with the designers and giving excellant feedback he would have been where he is now. Struggling to beat the slowest car in the field. All Eddy ever has been is quick. Now he has lost that as well.
Vinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe