Kim/Brad Jones and Johnny Bowe - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2004, 03:23   #1 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Thumbs down Kim/Brad Jones and Johnny Bowe

Just finished watching race two of the Clipsal 500 (what a race) and saw something that I missed when I was at the track. John Bowes 'driving'. Who the hell does he think he is blocking people like that! First he blocks Rick Kelly on the first lap on Brabham straight by weaving all over the joint and then he blocks Radisich lap after lap and then hits him when Radisich finally passed him! What the hell is that bloke on!?

To top it off Kim Jones goes marching his fat arse over to the officials to have his usual cry. What Bowe got is what he deserved! It seems to me that Kim and Brad Jones are always whinging about incidents that are minor and usually caused by Bowes stupid ultra defensive driving. Kim Jones is also always bad mouthing drivers on Channel 10 when ever he can.

I would hate to work in that team. Full of old whinging bastards...
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2004, 13:51   #2 (permalink)

Re: Kim/Brad Jones and Johnny Bowe

yeah been talked about previously in the race thread but bowe was over blocking and really should of got bad sportsmanship flap or black flagged for his actions...

if radisich would of got around him then im sure radisich could of challenged ppl out in front but a ford blocking a faster ford you'd be thinking bowe was driving a holden the way he acted..

total fool is how i put it,lost all my respect for the guy after that..
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 14:56   #3 (permalink)
in theory,its theoretical

i thought the same initially but after looking at a few drivers this race / 2 weeks ago, alot of people are swerving across nowadays. from the words of a current champion "bring back the biff".
josh.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 02:23   #4 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

Hoon69, it's not Ford v Holden, it's every man for himself. Apart from teammates, nobody moves over. Bowe has made an artform of driving just within the bounds of what he can get away with, without getting a bad sportsmanship flag - he needs a faster car!

I think seeing Kim Jones spitting chips while trying not to get himself into trouble is one of the funniest parts of the races.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 20:04   #5 (permalink)

Well i dont think Bowe has a choice really.

He needs to drive defensively in order to keep his position as the Ozemail Falcons arent fast enough to gain positions.
Mickcals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 20:35   #6 (permalink)
Circuit board dressups!

I'd agree with Mickcals... he's definitely got the ability, just not the car
Old 04-01-2004, 00:30   #7 (permalink)

There is no doubt that Bowe has the skill to pay the bills, but the reason he keeps getting punted off is because of his blocking tactics. JB is a king fan of punting people of as well.
thommo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 00:37   #8 (permalink)

There is no doubt that Bowe has the skill to pay the bills, but the reason he keeps getting punted off is because of his blocking tactics. JB is a king fan of punting people of as well.
thommo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 15:14   #9 (permalink)
freelance

I don't particularly like the blocking style of driving, and dont believe drivers have too much comeback if they cop the odd tap whilst blocking. Its certainly not interesting to watch lap after lap.

But all the guys bagging Bowe and claiming he is a chicane, should look at the race results, who was 2nd highest ford finisher? Rip-Tear-and-panic doesn't always get you in the top 10.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 16:10   #10 (permalink)

JB is a blocker from way back, nothing new here.

Funny how he can't stand it happening to him though. A couple of years ago in a GTP race driving the Mustang, he was blocked on the final lap by a GTS (I think it was Floyd), so he rammed into him after the race! Very professional JB....... I saw that race, and he wasn't even blocked for the whole last lap, yet he seems happy to block for the entire race.
98Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe