Ford Forums banner

Konica Race - 19/3/04

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  puts99 
#1 ·
The twilight race should bring joy to the faces of Ford supporters.

1 71 Team Fujitsu Owen Kelly Ford AU
2 19 Team BOC Andrew Jones Ford AU
3 28 Gulf Western / Jayco Matthew White Ford AU
4 27 Howard Racing Cameron McLean Ford AU 28
5 30 Super Cheap Auto Racing Luke Youlden Ford AU
6 40 Greenfield Mowers Racing Wayne Wakefield Ford AU
7 111 Hydraulink Racing Mark Porter Holden VX
8 81 Team Fujitsu Jose Fernandez Ford AU
9 300 Dexion Racing Tony Evangelou Ford AU
10 65 Actron Air / PCR Marcus Zukanovic Ford AU

One solitary Holden in the top ten. Three of them (including the two Smiths Trucks entries) had close encounters of the wall kind so there weren't too many left by the end of the race.
Congratulations to DJR and Kelly for a dominant performance.

More of the same tomorrow morning.

Cheers
Russ

See less See more
#3 ·
Dammit i knew i should have stayed for the race!

I went on the go carts instead after downing much VB through the arvo which was bloody fun. Tell you what you would hate to drink and drive on the actual road - everything is in slo mo and crashing is funny and car control is out the window!

Kelly looked on it all through yesterday and in todays warmup, real neat and tidy. See how they go in tommorows second race.

#5 ·
wow thats a bloody fantastic result! good work djr / kelly :hy:

#6 · (Edited)
The twilight race was a good idea, would like to see more of it
It was just dark enough to see the brakes glowing going into the chicane. I would say that it would have been even better down at the hairpin

The 'Chance of a Lifetime' Falcon's brakes were nearly on bloody fire! It dosn't have the trickest brakes in the field methinks

#8 ·
i think that the reason that their are more and better performing AU's is because alot of the holden teams (like HRT) converted their VX's to half VX half VY, or used the VY with a vx engine(hrt used vx's with vy panels for most of the season. their is also quite a few teams still running vx's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.