Ford Forums banner

Look out Ambrose!

3K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  psycho chicken 
#1 ·
From V8 SC site
I can still win the championship: Murphy
Release Date: 24/10/2004
Kiwi flyer Greg Murphy declared himself a genuine championship contender despite reigning champion Marcos Ambrose extending his lead while still trying to deflect attention away from his controversial first race of the Gillette V8 Supercar Challenge.

Kmart Racing’s Murphy has now won back-to-back rounds of the championship after his second successive Bathurst win a fortnight ago by defeating Pirtek Racing’s Ambrose on his home patch during the Lexmark Indy 300 at the Gold Coast.

The pair finished first and second in each race and therefore on equal points for the event. Murphy won the round courtesy of winning the last event of the weekend. Holden Racing Team’s Todd Kelly was third in both races and the round.

Murphy (1665) moved into third in the championship from Ambrose (1856) and second-placed PWR Racing’s Jason Bright (1690). New Zealander Murphy is now certain he still has a hope of overhauling Ambrose in the championship.

“We have been gaining on Marcos slowly,” Murphy said. “All it’s going to take is one DNF (did not finish) from someone and we are right back in there.”

lol well maybe hes in for a chance, his team mates already fkn destroyed Ingalls and Brights hopes. Maybe he can get to Ambrose aswell.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeh he is a contender if he can get his team mate to try and bully Ambrose off the track at either of the next two meets. The only way he will win is if Ambrose crashes out of a race.

#4 ·
LOL let him think that!! thats actually quiet funny! and stupid, but what else can you expect from a Holden driver

#6 ·
good on them! makes a change from some of the dickheads on here calling Murphy a handbag!
if it's good for one. it should b good for all!
BTW dodger, less Holdens are involved in crashes generally to fords, wot does that tell u about Ford Drivers?
dont no wot the **** they r doing, I think!

#9 ·
vn2dy4 said:
BTW dodger, less Holdens are involved in crashes generally to fords, wot does that tell u about Ford Drivers?

I don't like reading Ford or Holden bashing comments either, but you need to consider where you are (on a Ford Forum website). For our Holden loving members a few mild Anti-Holden comments WILL need to be tolerated here.

#10 ·
I think Murphy is forgetting something.

While he has his soft little co partner trying to run Ambrose off the track to acheive a DNF, Ingall is now free to torpedo Murphy at any opportunity due Kelly spinning him and ruining his championship run.

Hmmm, Ingall, Kelly, Ingall, Kelly, think I know who I would prefer to NOT have behing me when all bets are off lol

Keep squaking Murphy, its over son.

#13 ·
Soimeone somewhere else said Ambrose has to get 26 points more than Bright and 1 more than Murph at Tassie and he's got it in the bag, so yeah, that's heaps of pressure.

vn2dy4 said:
good on them! makes a change from some of the dickheads on here calling Murphy a handbag!
At the end of the day, grammar is a more important life skill than driving.

#14 ·
vn2dy4 said:
Murphy is a whingin handbag and Kelly is following in his footsteps! Have you got proof that Ford drivers have more crashed? I dont think you do...Murphy was backing up Handbag No.2 after race one, even if he didnt know what had happend then he should have said, "no i cant comment on that because i dont know what has happned and havnt seen a replay of it!"

Id be more scared of Ingall than Handbag No. 2!

#15 ·
vn2dy4 said:
Let me see. You're condoning the abuse of a Ford driver on a Holden forum, but take offence to a Holden driver being abused on a Ford forum....Right - that a very unique form of logic.

What are Ford rivers doing? Four are in the top ten and one is leading the championship by 166 points. Not bad really.

#16 ·
vn2dy4 said:

There are times when its best to shut-up and say nothing, for you vn2dyIN that time is now!!!!

A lot of us stuck up for Murphs initial comments when he was mobbed getting out of the car. If he wants to continue with the same line today after seeing kellys trail of carnage and stupidity, then the leniancy offered to murph was undeserved.

Less holdens than fords in crashes? You do have stats to back up your mindless spray? You dont? Yeah well as I said above maybe its your time to research more before spraying.

#17 ·
Wonder if there will be dog tactics out next race to slow down Marcos if he gets trapped in traffic or down in the pack.
Its amazing what people might pull out to get themselves a better deal next year or what they could be put up to do.....like most sports the all mighty dollar could lurk its crazy face and run amock!
Not that id ever accuse Holden of doing anything like that....lol

#18 ·
vn2dy4 said:
ur an idiot m8 ur on a ford site and u expect to get away with payin out fords number 1 V8 driver and get away with it go home in ur stock as a rock holden wagon and get bak to LS1

#19 ·
vn2dy4 said:
The biggest question yet to be answered is how is Murphy's back? No doubt no one will move over and hand the championship to Ambrose, but will Murphy grace us with his presence when he doesn't mathematically have a chance to win the championship - last years Eastern Creek effort had all the side pockets of any handbag act I have ever seen.

Also how is it that Kelly gets on the air to apologize to Holdents only real championship hope, Marcus actually extends his lead over 2 place Bright, Murphy doesn't improve his position on Ambrose, yet today Murphy is out claiming he is still a big chance? If having Kelly up his backside for a few laps didn't pressure him into error I'm sure Murphy's self praise isn't going to worry Ambrose.

#20 ·
Marcos made no error, he was however fined, there is a clear distinction. And I dont think Marcos was too intimidated either. Carnage Kelly was the one dumping in his overalls by his outburst. Marcos just visited their pits to offer the kid some free corrective dentistry. :AAHHH:

#22 ·
ok guys be careful with the personal comments. vn2dy4 is entitled to his opinion no matter how wrong he maybe. you can argue as much as you want but no personal attacks and keep swearing at a minimum. I don't want to close the thread.

#24 ·
I understand that, but I also believe that the championship is still open.
Yes Ambrose may be still leading by a decent margin, but anything is possible, he has already had one shocking round earlier in the year, as did Murphy and there is nothing to say that the same couldn't happen again at Symmons or Eastern Creek.
yes I agree that what Kelly did was wrong in both cases, but can anyone on here honestly say that if they were in a similar situation, with a team- mate in close contention for the championship lead, they would not try and do whatever they could to make the leader make a mistake and hand the lead over to their team- mate?
im not saying it is the correct thing to do, but in that situation, I believe that any driver would probably do the same thing

and NOTHING excuses what Kelly did 2 Bright, I do hope that he gets what he deserves from the officials, even if he is a Holden driver!

#25 ·
He only need to get two more points than Murphy at Symmonds Plains and hes completely out of it, he only need 20 odd more than bright at symondys plains and he has the whole thing wrapped up! He would need to completely DNF one whole round and really really **** up the other, and honestly that aint gunna happn! Seroiusly nothing that bad is gunna happn!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.