Lowndes e-newsletter - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2001, 22:59   #1 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

Lowndes e-newsletter

NEW CAR REVEALED FOR BATHURST

Gibson Motorsport will roll into Bathurst next month, confident of a stand out performance thanks to a brand new Ford Falcon V8 Supercar.

Designed and built from the ground up by the Melbourne based team under the watchful eye of team principal, Fred Gibson, the new racer is set to turn heads with new livery and immense on-track potential.

"We can't reveal too much just yet, but we're sure the response is going to be fantastic when people get a look at this car," Fred Gibson said.

"Not only does it have a completely new look, it also has the performance potential to be the new benchmark in the V8 Supercar field, and with drivers like Lowndes and Crompton we're very confident it's capable of conquering the mountain."

Craig Lowndes joined the team early in 2001 and the young Queensland-based driver has been quick to impress the engineers behind the scenes during the design and build process.

"It's been a learning year to date and I just can't wait to get into the new Falcon to finish the year off with a bang," Craig Lowndes said.

"The team's existing car has had its performance high’s and low’s throughout the season, but racing a V8 Supercar that's been purpose built by the team will give us the final step up to become contenders everywhere we go."

"I can't wait to hit the mountain and show what it's really capable of…I'm sure our fans won't be disappointed!"

The new Gibson Motorsport Ford Falcon XR8 racer will make its
debut at the Bathurst 1000, round 11 of the 2001 Shell Championship Series.

I can't wait to see the new car
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2001, 23:05   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

The cars gonna have a new paint job!!! :D
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 23:15   #3 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

I think the new head designer at Ford Oz is the guy responsible for the new GMS paint scheme, it will be interesting to see what it is like because personally I think the current livery is one of the best in the field.

Good luck to all Ford drivers this weekend at Winton, hopefully another round win is there for the taking. :D
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 23:34   #4 (permalink)

Sounds ominous, they have an absolute bucketload of confidence in the performance of the new car - I cannot wait :)
TheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 19:41   #5 (permalink)

I hope the team does really good this weekend. It will be interesting to see what the new paint job on the car looks like. Maybe they have another sponser?
Space Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 19:59   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Space Lord
I hope the team does really good this weekend. It will be interesting to see what the new paint job on the car looks like. Maybe they have another sponser?
The new paint job and the new car will debut at Bathurst
Old 09-07-2001, 20:01   #7 (permalink)

The design of Craigs new paint job was supposedly done in House by Mr S Butterworth
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 20:07   #8 (permalink)

We just got the 00 Falcon in 1:43 scale at work a few weeks ago to sell in our shop. I guess we will have to order more in now with the new paint job.
Old 09-07-2001, 20:14   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Space Lord
We just got the 00 Falcon in 1:43 scale at work a few weeks ago to sell in our shop. I guess we will have to order more in now with the new paint job.
I'll take the old ones off your hands, at no cost too!!!:D :D :D :D :D
Old 09-07-2001, 20:22   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by priteshpatel99

I'll take the old ones off your hands, at no cost too!!!:D :D :D :D :D
Good try. I'll tell you what. You can have them for $40.00 each. Hows that? :rolleyes:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe