Ford Forums banner

Lowndes gets new car for QLD

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  FM 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Yes it'll be interesting to see if he can go quicker than the old Stone bro's car. Has been slightly off the pace in recent meets in terms of outright speed/grunt, compared to the gun start he had to the series.
Let's hope that it all comes together nicely!:D
Russell.

#7 ·
AlbertM said:
I think he will do great in the new car, however i don't think crompton is the best choice of co-driver for lowndes.
Crompton is a good driver, he has always been good in the Bathurst/QLD/Sandown type endurace races which is why Seton and Gardner have both picked him up in the past.
I also believe he got a bit of a raw deal at FTR and if he had been given the same chances and opportunities as Seto he would have done a helluva lot better than he did, he is always fast on the mountain and I think Crompton will do very well at GMS

#9 ·
yup

well i hope they come second after rat/jnr

btw does anybody know whats happening with bathurst for djr since they are gonna race in no.17 is jnr about to receive a new car or something cos at the moment isn't the number 18 the better car?

they should have teamed up besnard and ambrose but i guess they ahve 2 different sponsors and it isn't possible ay, i think ambrose is gonna really put in some good times up there ay

**** this is off topic

so yeah will be good to see hwo fast gms new car is

#10 ·
DONUT KING said:
I also believe he got a bit of a raw deal at FTR and if he had been given the same chances and opportunities as Seto he would have done a helluva lot better than he did, he is always fast on the mountain and I think Crompton will do very well at GMS
Remember '99 when he was all over Seto in the races? Cromly is a good driver and a good pick up for GMS 'cause of his knowledge of the Falcon. Should be a great Bathurst this year. Lets just hope it stays dry!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.