Ford Forums banner

Lowndes signed for another year

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  max_torque 
#1 ·
Just heard that Craig Lowndes has been signed up to drive a Ford for another year.:s4

#2 ·
I found this blurb about Lowndesey over at conrod.com.au

Craig Lowndes will drive a Ford until at least 2006.

Ford President Geoff Polites announced the one-year extension of Ford’s existing five-year contract with Lowndes today.

Ford also extended its deal with the Bob Forbes-owned operation for the same period. With former namesake owner Fred Gibson’s departure, the team will now be known as 00 Motorsport.

"In just 12 months the 00 number has become synonymous with Lowndes and the Falcon brand," Mr Polites said.

"Craig is an integral part of our marketing strategy and we feel that this extension is recognition not only of what he's already done, but what we know he will achieve in the years to come.”

Lowndes welcomed Ford’s reaffirmed support in his chase for a fourth V8 Supercar title this year.

"The continued support from the Ford Motor Company and all the people involved gives me a great deal of confidence, not only for this season but into the future," he said.

"2001 was a growing year for me and our team, but going into the 2002 season we are after just one thing – the championship."

Neil Crompton will drive a second 00 Motorsport Falcon this year, while Forbes’ son Rodney will continue to run a satellite car from the Melbourne-based garage.

#5 ·
Spoke to Craig about it on Sunday. He's seems really happy with the way the team is going and he's looking forward to a great year. Good work by FoMoCo.. :thup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.