Ford Forums banner

Max Wilson signs with Triple Eight Racing

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Chris Brooks 
#1 ·
http://www.racenews.com.au/?racenews=4556
Team Betta Electrical
Dec 3 2003
MAX WILSON SIGNS WITH TEAM BETTA ELECTRICAL & TRIPLE EIGHT FOR 2004

Triple Eight Race Engineering managing director Roland Dane announced today the signing of Max Wilson to drive alongside Paul Radisich for the 2004 season Ford Falcon ‘Team Betta Electrical’ V8 Supercar Team.

“We welcome Max on board and look forward to the 2004 season with great enthusiasm” – said Dane.

“Max has only experienced two seasons in V8 Supercars to date, but has more than proved his speed and we consider the best of his talent is yet to come”.

“We hope to give Max a very competitive race car, so that he is in a position to show his true skills on each circuit within the series” – Dane commented.
Any guesses to who will fill the #18 DJR car?

#10 ·
Sorry, my brain melted and I got Winterbottom mixed up with Besnard. I stand corrected.

Found this though:

Max Wilson delivered Shell Helix Racing its first podium of the 2003 V8 Supercar Championship Series in the final round of the season at Eastern Creek last weekend. But he won third place knowing he wouldn't be with Dick Johnson's team next season. Wilson's departure is one of several likely moves over summer. His manager, Greg Siddle, said only that he would be with another Ford team next year. He is most likely to finish back at Triple Eight Racing, replacing Dean Canto. Warren Luff, Greg Ritter and David Besnard could be angling for Wilson's seat at DJR. Paul Dumbrell is also believed to be out of a job at Perkins Racing. His replacement is tipped to be Tony Longhurst. Rumours that Garth Tander or Jason Bright could head to Triple Eight are hard to accept given that both have contracts with Holden. Garry Rogers Motorsport is believed to be interested in Cameron McConville, who has shown his capabilities with Lansvale. Tim Leahey would be favoured to go there in turn. Meanwhile, Ford's Marcos Ambrose has won the inaugural Barry Sheene Medal at the V8 Supercars awards in Sydney last night barely 24 hours after claiming his maiden V8 championship with a clean sweep of the 13th and final round at Eastern Creek.

#14 ·
Well apart from Max's lead foot at Phillip Island and putting Lowndes out he hasn't done to bad, he has been in the shootout's more than some other's(that should have been) and has finished some of the race's consistently better than other's,I think he will do well at 888,good luck to him.

#16 ·
How much to bet that Max Wilson consistently beats the DJR cars home next year???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.