Mclaren need more Grunt!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2004, 23:47   #1 (permalink)

Mclaren need more Grunt!!

Extracted from Planet-f1.com

Raikkonen: 'We haven't got the power'
21/02/04
Kimi Raikkonen has admitted once again the McLaren are having problems with their new Mercedes engine, which the Finn says is lacking in power.

Although Raikkonen set a new lap record at Valencia on Thursday, he was a full second down on Juan Pablo Montoya's P1 time at the close of Wednesday's play. McLaren's drivers also struggled to match the pace during last week's test programme at Jerez.

Raikkonen believes this is because their Mercedes engine is lacking in power. "I guess we need more horsepower but it is not so easy to find," Raikkonen told Autosport magazine.

"I am sure we are not at a level where BMW (Williams' engine supplier) or some others are at the moment, but first we have to try to get (the engine) to be reliable."

The Finn, though, is confident that McLaren will find a solution to their problems before heading to Melbourne in two week's time.

"We know the reasons we didn't go well there so hopefully we can improve," he said. "There is still work to do on the car but at least it seems to be more reliable now, so hopefully we can improve on the speed."
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2004, 23:48   #2 (permalink)

Re: Mclaren need more Grunt!!

I Hope Mercedes get there arse into gear
Old 02-23-2004, 02:16   #3 (permalink)

Thumbs up Iceman predicts zero points in Australia

Quote:
It's 'unlikely' that a McLaren will reach the end of the Melbourne GP. That is the new forecast of doom from the Mercedes-powered team's biggest championship-hope Kimi Raikkonen ahead of next month's 2004 season-opener.

Last week, the 24-year-old Finn was praying for more horsepower. Now he's telling La Gazzetta Dello Sport that McLaren's all-new and visually-radical MP4-19 is also sputtering-along in the pre-season reliability stakes. 'I don't have big expectations [for Australia],' he said. 'If the car gets to the finish I think a good result is there but at the moment it seems unlikely.'
Also interesting is the lap after Kimi set the fastest lap the other day, his engine blew to bits.

GO Ferrari yeah!
bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 02:52   #4 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

That's unfortunate for McLaren, they may have left it a little late for searching for more power,I feel sorry for Kimi, and hope they do finish the Australian G/P albeit behind Ferrari.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 16:58   #5 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

They don't need grunt. As you can see the car is fast enough as it is. They need RELIABILITY!!!
marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 19:11   #6 (permalink)

Thats pretty poor, as McLaren have been developing this car for almost a year.

With the new rules limiting the teams to one engine per race weekend, reliablity is a major factor. McLaren has to find some quick solutions or else it'll probably be a Williams Vs Ferrari season.
Mickky_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 19:41   #7 (permalink)

Re: Iceman predicts zero points in Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bystander
Also interesting is the lap after Kimi set the fastest lap the other day, his engine blew to bits.

GO Ferrari yeah!
Do you actually know if it blew to bits or one part failed? im thinking it was probably just one part that broke and broke some other things and did not actually break into bits, i kind of get sick of the Ferrari F1 Team fans Arrogance, which, i will no doubt get flamed for saying
Old 02-23-2004, 20:24   #8 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

Ferrari fans arrogant?
Have a read at your posts in other F1 topics and see who's the arrogant one!
Old 02-23-2004, 20:46   #9 (permalink)
17" is for 4cyc

toshay FPRXR-6. You do deserve it Ambrose but I couldnt be bothered.
I wish McLaren all the best and they WILL be competitive this season. Between RD Merc and Kimi they won't be tooo far behind, infact I see them as a threat at the start of every race. I am with the tifosi but some have manners.
Old 02-23-2004, 23:36   #10 (permalink)

i dont mean it offensivly guys, but it kind of seems like a double standard, People can say such and such about Mclaren and thats sweet some people agree, but if i say something about Mclaren everyone flames me?

I havnt come across anyother Mclaren fans on this forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe