McRae or/and Sainz could move to Citroen next year. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2002, 06:29   #1 (permalink)
Ford Focus WRC Driver.

eek McRae or/and Sainz could move to Citroen next year.

Citroen interested in Ford's duo
McRae and Sainz being considered for 2003

With Citroen planning on running a full program next season and competing in all the rounds of the World Rally Championship gossip in the rally circles has begun already with regards to who the French team might take on for its 2003 driver line-up. Rumours have already suggested that the team is interested in signing Ford's two stars, Colin McRae and Carlos Sainz, and these reports have now been confirmed by Citroen boss Guy Frequelin.

The team is interested in signing big name drivers to launch its first full attack on the championship, and with both McRae and Sainz being former world champions, they don't come any bigger than that. Both drivers' contracts expire at the end of the season leaving them open to rival teams who may wish to secure their services and Frequelin says his team is interested, but they are also looking at a few other drivers.

"Colin and Carlos are drivers with experience who could interest us, but others might be available," Frequelin told rallyXs magazine. "A contract is a contract but when a driver no longer wishes to stay within a team, it's unusual for the team to oblige him to stay because that is counter-productive."

--

Interesting last paragraph. Is he talking about Carlos or Colin not wanting to stay with Ford??? Maybe both????
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2002, 07:49   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Hello Ford Rallye... Sign 'em up quickly.. Get the Machinery behind 'em & win the damn championship!!!
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 08:07   #3 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

Quote:
Originally posted by FM
Hello Ford Rallye... Sign 'em up quickly.. Get the Machinery behind 'em & win the damn championship!!!
Yep!
Old 05-24-2002, 09:03   #4 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Colin has to stop crashing. He stacks more than a 3 years old on a pushy with no training wheels.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 17:41   #5 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra
Colin has to stop crashing. He stacks more than a 3 years old on a pushy with no training wheels.
I hope Ford never consider putting McRae and the Rat in a team together for Bathurst with Wayne Gardner in a second car!
Old 05-27-2002, 18:53   #6 (permalink)
Crikey

Hey Jamie, low blow on Gardner. I'd be interested in hearing why you say this.
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 16:38   #7 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
Originally posted by blurter
Hey Jamie, low blow on Gardner. I'd be interested in hearing why you say this.

He improved in touring cars after someone pointed out to him that you actually have to turn the wheel, not lean over like a bike to go around the corner. After that he wasn't running into the barriers and other cars as much.

I thought he was great on bikes but he always seems to be in trouble in cars.
Old 05-30-2002, 19:29   #8 (permalink)
Ford Focus WRC Driver.

actually i'd bet that carlos moves to citroen because colin would be too expensive for them. my prediction is for a one year deal to drive with sebastian loeb and then he retires.
Old 05-30-2002, 22:23   #9 (permalink)
Crikey

Yeah Ok Jamie, maybe at the start but no so much now, he is maturing as a driver as most need to do. I also think he used up a hell of a lot of luck riding bikes for 10 years before he had any major offs.

He is doing quite well in the Japan series he is contesting, can't be too bad because he keeps getting invited back. I'd also like to think that he has played some part in the sudden leap forward of the SBR cars since he joined the team last year.
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe