Montoya Mad? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2003, 01:21   #1 (permalink)
X-TRAIL 4X4

Montoya Mad?

Montoya vs Schuey

The two drivers have a history of clashes on the track with incidents in Brazil and Malaysia in 2001 witnessing the start of a fierce rivalry between the duo. " Overtaking should never be easy. You should force other drivers into a mistake " said the Williams man. " I think when Ross Brawn said I was mad and lacked class, he was very frustrated because Kimi Raikkonen had quit with a blown engine, and he would have known how important it was for his driver to finish high up. But drivers know that when I am behind them, I will go for it. Controversy is good for the fans and they want to see it. They get a crack out of it."

Above quote from f1-live.com.

I say go for it Montoya, makes the racing more intresting from where im sitting.

-- Webber + Williams = 2005 Champs --
Stealth00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2003, 04:50   #2 (permalink)

Re: Montoya Mad?

What? i may be a dipshit for not understanding that, but can someone make sense of it for me
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 01:50   #3 (permalink)
Serving Defect #3

Basically Montoya is saying if he is close enough he will always try to make the move so watch out when he's around.

Mind games, is all it is, trying to make the other drivers think twice before going up against him.
fordfan351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 05:09   #4 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

yep. good on him. F1 has been lacking this for years, its about time a driver will balls is finally making the racing entertaining.
He has done nothing illegal, so all the best to him.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 05:51   #5 (permalink)
well hung

Montoya knows that Schumacher is by far the most superior driver on the track. So if Montoya can't "beat the man", he must "be the man", both in attitude and driving style.

Good on him i say as long as he does'nt take it over the edge.
theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 02:49   #6 (permalink)
Ferrari President

nah, ross brawn was right, montoya does it to everyone, just ask dc of his opinion on montoya.

dc, rubens and michael have admitted in the past that they dont mind driving millimetres appart from eachother, but when it comes to montoya they dont... i wounder why that is.

lets not forget albert park 2001 when the race steward died as a result of a tyre hitting him. in a later race that season, montoya had a clash with jacques villeneuve... and openly lashed out at him saying it was his fault that the steward died coz it was his tyre... in my own opinion someone like that shouldnt be in the sport.

ne ways thats my opinion.
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe