MotoGP crash - Kato critical - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2003, 05:47   #1 (permalink)
Mmmm, forbidden donut

Thumbs down MotoGP crash - Kato critical

I don't know how many of you watched the MotoGP on the weekend and saw the aftermath of the Kato crash, but I only found out today that he was in a critical condition, and I want to say something about the incident.

The footage I saw was of Kato lying unconcious in the middle of the track, his bike destroyed around him. It was obvious that he had sustained serious injuries, yet the marshals basically threw him onto stretcher and hauled him off with great haste to presumably keep the race going. This doesn't seem to be the appropriate treatment for someone who has sustained a broken neck and head injuries, I believe the race should have been immediately red flagged, I have no doubt that this would have occurred in a Formula 1 race as we have seen several times in the past.

I guess it just irritates me a bit to see such a lack of care at MotoGP events, it's certainly not the first time I've seen obviously injured riders basically thrown on a stretcher and hauled off as fast as possible.

Though his condition remains grave, I hope Kato pulls through, he certainly is a talented rider if the 250cc class was anything to go by.
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2003, 09:22   #2 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

I totally agree with you they should have got the safety car (bike) out and waited for paramedics to arrive. To just throw someone onto a stretcher shows very little regards and concern for ther safety. If someone has sustained critical injuries, broken limbs and such, it can be very dangerous moving them around if you don't know what you are doing.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 20:05   #3 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

It seems to be more to do with where the race is being run than MotoGP.

Usually in Japan you see about 50 marshalls in their cute little helmets run out and drag the bike/person away with as much haste as possible wheras other places they will put barriers out and assess the rider, like they did to Foggy when he came off at Phillip Island a couple years ago in SBK.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 14:42   #4 (permalink)
Australian Probe Member

Vale Kato

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/030419/230/dy3vg.html
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 14:56   #5 (permalink)
Crikey

That is indeed dreadful news. RIP Katosan
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 18:25   #6 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

RIP Daijiro Kato.
Old 04-19-2003, 18:33   #7 (permalink)
Magna Owner & Proud of it

Its the worst bike crash I have seen for a while... the thing literally exploded into a zillion pieces on impact....

.. unfortunately just like the rider....

Enjoy the races in heaven with Baz Kato-san :(
Old 04-19-2003, 19:56   #8 (permalink)

RIP Kato san
AU1XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 00:06   #9 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

RIP Kato. Very sad.
HP Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 03:12   #10 (permalink)
Red-i

Was watching that race live and saw the aftermath of the crash. Bike bits everywhere, Kato was on his back, frozen, when two marshalls picked him up, one from under his shoulders and the other by his feet to get him onto the stretcher. I don't think we've heard the last of this story although it'll be the last we see of Kato. R.I.P. D.Kato.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe