No aero changes to the Ford - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2002, 21:48   #1 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

No aero changes to the Ford

In this weeks Motorsport Mews magazine it says that Ross Stone ( SBR ) isn't optimistic that a front downforce discrepancy between Falcon and Commodore V8 Supercars, re-confirmed during recent tests, will be addressed.

Data from the recent aerodynamic testing, at Avalon Airport, has now been distributed to TEGA Board members for discussion, but with the board split 50:50 Ford/Holden and chairman Wayne Cattach unable to use a casting vote, Ross Stone believes there is little likelihood of the change that he believes is required to restore parity between the marques.

50% of the TEGA Board members are tossers
FPRXR-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2002, 22:10   #2 (permalink)
Code Monkey

hehe which 50% are you referring to???? :s6: :s6: :s6:
kinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 22:30   #3 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

I just thought I might point out here that where the fords are struggling with not so much downforce in the front end grip is in the slow corners, now due to the nature of aerodynamics, in slow corners obviously the aero kit does not provide much of an affect anyway and it is the mechanical grip, not the aerodynamic grip that counts. So more aerodynamic grip will not help the fords out in this case. The thing that helps the Commodores in the corners is not aerodynamic grip either, but their wider front track.

This is not to say I wouldn't like to see the front downforce to be equal on both makes of cars, I just don't think it will make much of a difference where the ford teams are currently struggling, which is slow corner turn in, and power down on the exits.
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 22:39   #4 (permalink)
Leafspring Owners Club

Will BA be a fresh supercar model or just the current cars with new body panels?
Old 08-06-2002, 22:53   #5 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by cortinagt
Will BA be a fresh supercar model or just the current cars with new body panels?
The BA V8Supercar will have a wider track and a longer wheelbase than the AU so i think it''ll be very similar to what the VX is at the moment.......hopefully better .
FPRXR-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 23:02   #6 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

Well, It won't matter because the VY's main upgrades are all cosmetic, so the track and wheelbase won't change. (correct me if I'm wrong)
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 23:13   #7 (permalink)
Ford Parts Interpretor

I wouldnt call new front end suspension and new a engine cosmetic changes, but my guess is wheelbase wont change.
Old 08-08-2002, 05:44   #8 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Aint they all running the Ford type front end. Along with other Ford type suspention set up ???...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 04:18   #9 (permalink)
Don't be a sheep

Red face

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Holden has a wider to compensate for their inferiour front end (struts)
:oo1:
Old 08-11-2002, 17:00   #10 (permalink)
Ford Member

The basic problem is the changes are not implemented quickly enough. If there is a question of one brand having an advantage, introduce fix for the next week. If that takes things too far then change it back. Parity shouldn't be one or two adjustemnts a season, it should be a continuous process.
HO HO HO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe