No parity adjustment for BA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2004, 21:05   #1 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

Thumbs down No parity adjustment for BA

Quote from
www.conrod.com.au

"TEGA have apparently looked into the parity issue between BA and VY and have come up with a.0044 sec/per 60sec lap diference in the VY's favour, which is just below the threshhold set to make changes? How did they come up with that figure over the last 3 rounds? Unless they add something to their formula that I dont know about, I am absolutely dumbfounded how they got it. The really stinky thing about it now is that because its been reviewed, the clock starts again and it cannot be revisited until after OP,Sandown and Bathurst. There you go Ford boys, "Holden wins Bathurst for record 7 zillionth time" and cant understand why Ford cannot get their act together on the Mountain. Lets all thank TEGA for SFA!!!!!!!!!"

These f***ing idiots from TEGA and AVESCO want closer racing but are not prepared to do anything about it.
They say that the V8supercar series is the best in the world but they don't know how to run it properly!
If DTM and the BTCC can put their cars in a windtunnel why can't we?
Looks like the Fords will be getting rapped once again at Bathurst this year.
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2004, 22:22   #2 (permalink)

Re: No parity adjustment for BA

You do realise that .0044secs per 60sec lap equates to oh roughly 2 tenths of a second over a 60 lap race??

Hell...if you assume that same rate of loss per 60sec regardless of the track. It means given a race length of about 6.5hours that a BA should lose no more than roughly 1.7 seconds during the entire race at Bathurst!!!

Given recent Bathurst performances I'd be thrilled to see a Ford team that close!!!
Old 07-29-2004, 22:38   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

100% agree with ya RICHO.

It's not about car speed in that sense, it's just that Holden have 4 Top class race teams (HRT, PWR, KRT and CPR) compared to Fords 1 (SBR). Ford teams just dont cut it against Holden, except for SBR, and I'd probably end up killing myself if SBR lost the plot, but luckily that wont happen haha.

- I'm more intrested in in how the f*ck they came to that 0.0044s conclusion!

As for Ford not winning bathurst, well thats just been a major pile-up of race setup and a mixture of sh*thouse luck. - Last year, the second place Seton/Lowndes Ford finished just over 2 seconds behind the 1st place Holden of Spud and PubertyBoy, after 1000km of racing - The same car that shatered the qualifying record with that mid blowing 2.06 around the mount.

There is no need for a parity adjustment. The BA Vs. VY battle is perfect, what really needs to happen is "a foot in FPR/DJR/BJR/888's ass"
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 23:19   #4 (permalink)
Wish it was a real GT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by puts99
100% agree with ya RICHO.

It's not about car speed in that sense, it's just that Holden have 4 Top class race teams (HRT, PWR, KRT and CPR) compared to Fords 1 (SBR). Ford teams just dont cut it against Holden, except for SBR, and I'd probably end up killing myself if SBR lost the plot, but luckily that wont happen haha.

- I'm more intrested in in how the f*ck they came to that 0.0044s conclusion!

As for Ford not winning bathurst, well thats just been a major pile-up of race setup and a mixture of sh*thouse luck. - Last year, the second place Seton/Lowndes Ford finished just over 2 seconds behind the 1st place Holden of Spud and PubertyBoy, after 1000km of racing - The same car that shatered the qualifying record with that mid blowing 2.06 around the mount.

There is no need for a parity adjustment. The BA Vs. VY battle is perfect, what really needs to happen is "a foot in FPR/DJR/BJR/888's ass"
Couldn't have said it better myself, you definately hit the nail on the head with that one
Completed Mods: 19" ADR Chrome Mags, Panasonic Mp3 Head Unit, 6.5" Pioneer Splits (Front), 6.5" Pioneers (Rear), 12" Sony Pentagon Sub, Alpine Amp, Alarm, Pedders Sports Ryder Suspension, K&N Panel Filter
dj_pom82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 02:41   #5 (permalink)

What about this Gudney flap thing I read about in V8X
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 03:00   #6 (permalink)
gsw
XA GS FAIRMONT 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose_1
What about this Gudney flap thing I read about in V8X

Agreed, either put one on the fords or holden should be made to remove it, everybody in the racing world knows it offers more advantages.
gsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 03:34   #7 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

This has been going on for years!!!! IT STINKS!!
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 01:58   #8 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

I think Avesco are well with in their right's,there's nothing in it between the Two vehicle's, it's up to the other Ford team's to find the answer, just like what SBR have done.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 02:07   #9 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

what's a gudney flap?
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 02:16   #10 (permalink)
gsw
XA GS FAIRMONT 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford.boy
what's a gudney flap?
A gurney flap is a small lip added to the race cars rear wing that generate's more downforce. It's like a aeroplane wing upside down. On the Holdens it looks like a bit of alluminium sitting on the end of the wing. The Fords of course don't have them. You would be suprised how much downforce they can provide.
gsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe