NZ V8 Touring Car - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2004, 15:58   #1 (permalink)

NZ V8 Touring Cars

Does anyone know the results of the races i think down in Timaru at Levels speedway? all i was that the Commodores have been owning the falcons, maybe they did it wrong with the whole parity thing, the falcons didn't have that much of a advantage last year, not like the difference between the falcon and commodore in Australia last year. Holden probably just starting whining to NZ Motorsport.

Last edited by Ambrose_1; 01-10-2004 at 16:10.
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2004, 17:35   #2 (permalink)
allsorts

Re: NZ V8 Touring Car

Or they could bring back the 2.0L touring cars (Altezzas, Primeras and 3 series Bimmers etc.) and make it NZ touring car champs. It would be good to see the 4cyls stick it up the V8s again. Then I'll watch it
Old 01-10-2004, 18:00   #3 (permalink)
freelance

Re: NZ V8 Touring Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose_1
Does anyone know the results of the races i think down in Timaru at Levels speedway? all i was that the Commodores have been owning the falcons, maybe they did it wrong with the whole parity thing, the falcons didn't have that much of a advantage last year, not like the difference between the falcon and commodore in Australia last year. Holden probably just starting whining to NZ Motorsport.
Falcons???? Isn't the Zephyr NZ's weapon of choice? Or was it the Prefect? :>
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 00:19   #4 (permalink)
allsorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Falcons???? Isn't the Zephyr NZ's weapon of choice? Or was it the Prefect? :>

That would be the maoris steal of choice, not our race car of choice
Old 01-11-2004, 06:40   #5 (permalink)
freelance

Quote:
Originally Posted by allsorts
That would be the maoris steal of choice, not our race car of choice
Now dont you go upsetting our maori friends or you'll never get in "in those shoes bro".
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 06:59   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Or they could bring back the 2.0L touring cars (Altezzas, Primeras and 3 series Bimmers etc.) and make it NZ touring car champs. It would be good to see the 4cyls stick it up the V8s again. Then I'll watch it

Who wants to watch puss FWD buzz boxes kick it round a track (yes I know some are RWD and AWD but the majority are FWD).
17" ROH Shadow Chrome RT's, K&N Air Filter, LSD Conversion w/ 3.7 Gears.
Proudest Addition: Socks the Brindle Staffy Girl.
Proud TQE Operator
6pAc|30nG|00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 20:07   #7 (permalink)
allsorts

So you wouldnt want to see the 300hp 2.0Ls vs the 400hp V8s (land barges in comparison)?
These 'puss' cars gave shit to them btw.
Old 01-12-2004, 00:08   #8 (permalink)

yea but does anyone know the results or the website to have a look? i think the commodores have and advantage over the falcons now, so its really a reversal from the aussie v8s, Holdens sucked and the Falcons owned last year in NZ, the Falcons sucked and the Holdens owned last year in Oz, now they have switched
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 06:59   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
So you wouldnt want to see the 300hp 2.0Ls vs the 400hp V8s (land barges in comparison)?
These 'puss' cars gave shit to them btw.

Sorry but no I wounldn't want to watch them and niether does most of the the other viewers out their or so it seems as it is dead to my knowledge here in oz, or it would at least still be being played on speedweek.
17" ROH Shadow Chrome RT's, K&N Air Filter, LSD Conversion w/ 3.7 Gears.
Proudest Addition: Socks the Brindle Staffy Girl.
Proud TQE Operator
6pAc|30nG|00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 06:13   #10 (permalink)
Ford Member

i love the 2 ls as well
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe