Ok WTF is wrong with Ford - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2002, 03:14   #1 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Ok WTF is wrong with Ford

ok thats it..ive had enough, why is it so bloody hard for a car with a blue oval on it to win a bloody race!!, let lone a round!

I mean how much better can the holden boys be? (obviuosly a bit), I mean they cant blame the AU, they have had the best of 3 YEARS!!! to get it right!!

lets see-:

DJR- used to be good, have died in the arse

00 Motorsport- the same they have gone backwards

Ozemail- only just started so cant blame them to much

Seton- buggerd if I know...doesn't have any excuse

Stone Brothers- by far the best outfit, but still not good enough

Briggs- did ok in a couple of races last year...jack crap this year

and right now im to pissed to think of the other but something needs to be done!..heads should roll!!

yes its harsh but bloody hell!!...im fuming!

Hey geoff kick them up the arse!!..give casj incentives...ANYTHING!!!

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2002, 03:41   #2 (permalink)
Soon to become: Jake_XR6

mad

At the moment, any money that Ford is putting into V8 Supercars, might as well be put straight into Holden's pockets.

All that Ford has gained from their investment in V8 supercars over the last three years is: Nothing, except making Holden Commodore look good.

If AVESCO keeps supporting Holden dominated competition then I would be glad to see Ford pull the plug altogether. Instad they could run a dozen TS50's and a few XR8's in the GT production class.

I'm sick of this parity crap anyway. Just run production cars, and then see who has the better stret car!

Otherwise AVESCO should introduce a "Sallary Cap" type system, where all teams are given a yearly budget - esuring Fat cats like HRT are on a level playing field.

Mate I'm pissed off too - Had to get that off my chest.

JAKE
Air Intake: T-Series, K&N Filter.
Brakes: Calipers painted red, DBA slotted rotors & Lucas pads.
Windows: Tinted.
Gearstick: Shortened.
Fuel: Dual Fuel.
Dyno: 143 rwKw (Dynodynamics - shootout mode).
Heathcote: 15.87 @ 89.1 Mph.
BLACK XR6-VCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 03:42   #3 (permalink)
Soon to become: Jake_XR6

mad

PS. I think that I'm going to have to change my signature thingy too! (See Below).
Air Intake: T-Series, K&N Filter.
Brakes: Calipers painted red, DBA slotted rotors & Lucas pads.
Windows: Tinted.
Gearstick: Shortened.
Fuel: Dual Fuel.
Dyno: 143 rwKw (Dynodynamics - shootout mode).
Heathcote: 15.87 @ 89.1 Mph.
BLACK XR6-VCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 03:54   #4 (permalink)
FORDXR

Lightbulb

You know what pisses me off you see Ford everywhere
On football teams tennis teams, Golf you name it but you donít see HSV sponsoring a tennis match why because they are smart they put there money into motor sport like FORD SHOULD DO

The kinda ppl who buy XR's donít care if it is on the winning football team they want it on the winning RACE CAR team.

Seeing a ford logo on the banner of a golf match will not see cars win races will you know how it goes win on Sunday sell on Monday.
Old 05-19-2002, 04:23   #5 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Salary cap sounds like a great idea but I just wouldnt know how they would keep track of how much who has spent on what.

I too feel HRT's domination is becasue of the money which they have to spend on deveopement, but the amount of cars they have, all of which are under the TWR group. 5 cars all up which means more money spent, but more cars to test with.

I see a light at the end of the tunnel thouggh. Ford will follow suit. The AV will be a more competitive car with a flattr roof for better aerodynamics. We will have corporate assistance from prodrive and we will (should) have two or more competitive drivers in Ambrose and Lowndes (?).
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 04:26   #6 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Quote:
Originally posted by FORDXR
You know what pisses me off you see Ford everywhere
On football teams tennis teams, Golf you name it but you donít see HSV sponsoring a tennis match why because they are smart they put there money into motor sport like FORD SHOULD DO

The kinda ppl who buy XR's donít care if it is on the winning football team they want it on the winning RACE CAR team.

Seeing a ford logo on the banner of a golf match will not see cars win races will you know how it goes win on Sunday sell on Monday.
Ford sponsoring Geelong football club is worth it. They build the engines in Geelong and Geelong are one fo the only places that have sold more (AU) falcons than commodores, and we only have one ford dealership!
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 04:30   #7 (permalink)
The Third Power

I dont think you see tickford doing it either.

I think Holden does a fair bit of other sponsorship

I think once you ford sorts out who the lead team is shit will start to happy, look at ambrose he seems to be consistently 3rd of late.
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 04:30   #8 (permalink)

Its gonna be a farking long series at this rate

how many rounds left..... No dont tell, I dont wanna know
Fireman Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 06:19   #9 (permalink)
Mach1 Pilot

Yep am getting sick of people hanging it on me about Fords sh!tfull effort in the V8 supercars.

I usually like to tell em that Holden cant race any more without a Chev motor, Hollinger gearbox and a good old FORD 9" diff :D
Old 05-19-2002, 06:33   #10 (permalink)
newxr8

I just can't keep making up excuses. I have come to the conclusion that the AU is a complete dud on the track. Skaife and Bright are good but they are not that good. They should be penalised in some fashion to bring the field back together. It has happened before! It is getting to the stage where sponsors must be seriously wondering why they are sponsoring the also-run v8's which are the rest of the field. This was definately another wasted day in front of the tele hoping that the blue oval would strike a blow!! Imagine if Ambrose jumped ship!! I'd neck myself!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe