Parity - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2002, 00:33   #1 (permalink)
Rail Rider

Parity

hehe I bet you all thought that this would be another useless parity thread.

Channel 10 had a little blurb on a parity change to the Fords before the enduro's, be interesting to know what they are going to do.

Old 07-28-2002, 01:20   #2 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

I'm glad they are getting a parity abjustment but i'm not happy about how long it took them to do something about it.

There has been a disparity between the Falcon and Commodore for the past 3.5 years and when there's only a few months left for the AU they decide to help. Absolutely f@cking pathetic!!!
Old 07-28-2002, 02:39   #3 (permalink)
Barra

can we pleaz have a brief run-down of what happened.
Old 07-28-2002, 14:41   #4 (permalink)
Rail Rider

10 didn't really say whats going to be changed. They just said that it wold be unfair to noble holden for one team so Ford will get something before the endurance races
Old 07-28-2002, 15:20   #5 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

They're going to look at the aero kits from memory. Don't know what they can do but I guess it's worth a shot..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 17:03   #6 (permalink)

DJR need more than aero kits to help them...

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 18:23   #7 (permalink)
Agent Provocateur

Aero Tests

A little birdie told me that TEGA had recently done a side by side aero test to evaluate the downforce characteristics of both cars. Many expected this to reveal the Ford having a deficit in "frontal" downforce. This is seperate to the "wind Tunnel" testing of the new BA and Commodore.

Whilst this was done originally, there were issues raised as to the weather conditions not being condusive to conclusive results. Should the data show this discrepancy, TEGA will meet to discuss changes, bearing in mind it has 3 reps from both sides, the data will have to be black and white to justify any change.

I understood a few years ago that as an indicator of parity, the best five laptimes of the best five of each make was averaged and a magical forumla applied to give a number. If that number was greater than a certain level for more than 3 straight races in favour of one make changes would be made. Don't know how right this is but it wouldn't be a bad thing if it was right.

Now, for the gratuitous Holden dig, if Ford wants to achieve true parity, maybe they should give HRT some staff so they can teach them to screw up pitstops, put in dud engines, be inconsistant and teach the drivers to hit each other. (Sorry but I know in a few years you guys will probably be hammering us so I must make hay whilst the sun shines)
05forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 18:27   #8 (permalink)

Re: Aero Tests

Quote:
Originally posted by 05forever

Now, for the gratuitous Holden dig, if Ford wants to achieve true parity, maybe they should give HRT some staff so they can teach them to screw up pitstops, put in dud engines, be inconsistant and teach the drivers to hit each other. (Sorry but I know in a few years you guys will probably be hammering us so I must make hay whilst the sun shines)
Unforunately you are right...:bwhaaaaaa

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 18:30   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

As one of the commentators pointed out.. HRT are at the front of EVERYONE. All the other commodore teams are struggling just as much as the Fords are to catch up. If the parity is changed to help falcons then the other commodes are further in the poo
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 18:47   #10 (permalink)

If they want parity, why not just take out HRT altogether?????
HRT-- --FORD
or should that read FORD-- --FORD
Maybe they should cap the amount of money teams can spend?
Just my 2c worth
lowered,mags,Costom wood tray, Ford embossed front guards.
39 Ford Mercury,Complete & in need of TLC,Side valve V8 still drives.
Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe