Perkins unveils '04 paint scheme - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2004, 05:34   #1 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

Perkins unveils '04 paint scheme

Source: www.v8central.com

Today Castrol Perkins Motorsport released a striking new car design, and two drivers for the 2004 Championship assault when the covers were lifted off the 2004 Castrol V8 Supercar team.

Castrol is sponsoring three Holden Commodores under its new Castrol Formula R brand in this year’s V8 Supercar Championship for dual Bathurst champions Steven Richards, Tony Longhurst and 2002 Konica V8 Supercar Series champion Paul Dumbrell.

Welcoming the new Castrol support was Bathurst legend, Larry Perkins, who also announced a new marketing strategy and race livery.

“I am delighted that my long-time sponsor, Castrol, has decided to continue to use V8 Supercars as the vehicle to promote its products,” a happy Perkins said.

“Castrol Formula R is a range of four premium performance engine oils which have been developed to ensure there is the right oil for your engine.”

“The change to product specific livery also gives us a fresh appearance and new outlook, and that never goes astray when you are in such a competitive environment.”

Two former Holden Racing Team Drivers also join the Perkins ranks, Tony Longhurst, who will drive under the Rod Nash Racing franchise and Jim Richards who will join his son Steven for the 2004 endurance races at Sandown and Bathurst.

“As well as being competitive on the race track, Tony has always been a great ambassador for our company and we are delighted to welcome him back into the Castrol fold,” said Castrol Marketing Director, Andrew Johnson.

“We also often refer to our company as a large family and we now extend that to include the entire Richards family. It is very exciting for Castrol to have Steven and Jim driving together.”

Perkins was also generous in his praise for seven-times Bathurst winner, Jim Richards, “When we began looking for a driver for this year’s enduros it was important that we find someone who could run at the pace required to win and Jim is clearly still capable of performing at the highest level. His experience and skill will only benefit the team and enhance our chances of winning,”

Richards senior is looking forward to the new partnership “I only want to drive if I can add something to the team and have a genuine chance of winning the race. I believe I am still driving well enough and Castrol Perkins Motorsport can supply a competitive car, so the time is right for Steven and I to have a fair dinkum crack at winning Bathurst together.”

Paul Dumbrell is very pleased to be back with the established team, “Last year was a terrific opportunity for me, as well as being an incredibly steep learning curve, The new season presents me with even more challenges, but I intend using the lessons learnt last year and the experience and advice of the older guys on the team to my benefit, and to repay the faith Castrol and Larry Perkins have shown in me.”

Longhurst is excited about his return to full time racing, “After nearly 20 years of racing non-stop, it was terrific to have a break last year. I learnt a lot sitting on the sidelines, mostly that experience is a valuable commodity, while finishing races is paramount. The longer race formats suit me and I’m excited about the possibilities of what we can achieve together this year.”

The new, red dominated livery for the car’s, is a reflection of the new Formula R product. Which Castrol hopes to communicate through the world of V8 Supercars.

The new cars will hit the track at the Australian Grand Prix Support events with Castrol and Perkins Engineering sporting three cars.

Castrol Racing’s 2004 Line-up

#7 Tony Longhurst
#8 Paul Dumbrell
#11 Steven Richards

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2004, 06:20   #2 (permalink)
Skaife doing the Haka

Re: Perkins unveils '04 paint scheme

HAHA
Is anyone else noticing a trend here...... All the holden cars this year are RED and WHITE!!!!!!!!

2 x hrt
2 x PWR
4 x castrol
2 x kmart
2 x valvoline cummins

Looks like HRT are running a 12 car team this year

Dayton
dayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:09   #3 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

hmm wonder if they will improve on lst years performance...
Old 02-16-2004, 11:30   #4 (permalink)
freelance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayton
HAHA
Is anyone else noticing a trend here...... All the holden cars this year are RED and WHITE!!!!!!!!

2 x hrt
2 x PWR
4 x castrol
2 x kmart
2 x valvoline cummins

Looks like HRT are running a 12 car team this year

Dayton
The white flashes down the sides are included to make the scrape marks off concrete barriers less noticable!
If perkins keeps spewing out his biased self promoting nonsense he's gonna need it.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:53   #5 (permalink)
known as tibbo

the best thing about Larry's team is managing to recruit Jimmy Richards for the enduro races.. IMO Jimmy is one of the top 5 drivers in the country in any class, he seeems to get faster with age
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 13:17   #6 (permalink)

Poor old Ingall (note I left off the B) won't know which red commodore to punt off the track..... must be part of the master plan... lol
Devil CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 15:09   #7 (permalink)
I am The Brain

Not sure about the new livery....is definately different to usual, but not sure if I like it, just a little bit too mainstream for mine.
Old 02-16-2004, 15:45   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil CV8
Poor old Ingall (note I left off the B) won't know which red commodore to punt off the track..... must be part of the master plan... lol
haha, definately a conspiracy here!
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 19:53   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Lets just hope he punts all the Red buggers off now!

Seriously though, too HRTish for me, good all the Holdens are gonna look the same this year!
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 00:13   #10 (permalink)
Zetec Is Better Than VTEC

I actually like the new look Perkins cars.
Projekt`[J] is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe