Peter Brock V8 team for 2002 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2001, 15:07   #1 (permalink)

Peter Brock V8 team for 2002

There's been some rumours about this for a couple of weeks that PB will run a V8 team in 2002 but I guess it must be official now because I heard it on the radio this morning. No mention of whether it will be in Konica or Shell Series or if it will be a Holden or Ford (hope it's Ford! ). His son James will drive. James has an enduro drive with Imrie (remember him, The Enforcer's mate:D).

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2001, 19:23   #2 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

it would have to be the Konica Series, I doubt baby James could handle a real Supercar. The last thing we need is to hear the commentator's again saying "here comes James Brock" like excited little children...who the hell is James Brock anyway. just because he won at Bathurst with a lot of other nevilles does'nt make him a legend. I feel a alot better now..hmmph
Old 08-14-2001, 19:57   #3 (permalink)
Australian Probe Member

Will the polarizer make a comeback too??
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 20:27   #4 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

Quote:
Originally posted by DRU842
you've just given me an idea....:D LS.1 here I come
Old 08-14-2001, 20:39   #5 (permalink)

To give James credit he did win the Future Tourer race virtually the first time he raced a car. I agree he should start off in Konica and get some results there before stepping up to Shell Series. I have a lot of respect for Peter Brock, he would have to be Australia's greatest ever touring car driver (ducks:eek:), it's just a pity he wasn't driving a Ford because he might of done even better then!. :D

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 04:57   #6 (permalink)
Ford Member

eek

Quote:
Originally posted by DRU842
Does Bev still wave crystals above Peter's tea before he drinks it?
Does Peter still take advice from Dr Dowker about race car engineering? All this and more next season.....
Beejay17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 05:33   #7 (permalink)
Rail Rider

There was an artical in today Telegraph about Team Brock going up against Team Johnson...you know the brock-johnson thing again.

It sounded like they are going straight for the full blown shell series next year, it also hinted on the Brock's getting Thomas Mezera's level one franchise(sp), and they will be driving a Holden.

The artical really hypes it up about how little jamie is going to do battle with Jnr Johnson. If they think he's that good maybe they should get off the wooowwwy sauce.
Old 08-15-2001, 07:11   #8 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Just saw a story on sports tonight about Brock getting the drive in the IMS commodore for the rest of the series and of course the Brock vs Johnson thing was raised, It's insand that the press are whipped into a frenzy about this when Brocks car is probably going to be nowhere near the pace of Johnsons car due to the fact that it was built by IMS, having said that watch me be wrong ( :eek: ) Brock won the future tourers race on the mountain a couple of years back sure, but does anyone remember the lead car pulling off to pit a couple of laps before the race was declared and it was running under the safety car? I and a lot of other people from both sides of the camp saw that, and still see that as a very dodgy move, I have heard Holden people go to the extent of saying the race was fixed to try and raise interest in the category!!!! I guess the truth will never be known.

I guess I'm trying to say all this hype is useless, so why put more pressure on the bloke to perform, and just let him go out there and see how he does, if he's a winner, then give him the exposure he then rghtfully deserves.

[/rant]
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 23:21   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon
it's just a pity he wasn't driving a Ford!. :D
He drove a Sierra for a while
TheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 23:12   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis

He drove a Sierra for a while
Dont remind me, those were his darkest days :(

He also drove an XF Falcon Auscar.... and who can forget those EA BROCK Falcons (Everyone????) :)
Rick76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe