Prodrive team to go ahead - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2002, 19:00   #1 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

Thumbs up Prodrive team to go ahead

In the new issue of Auto Action it says that Prodrive Australia is set to go it alone with a Ford-backed V8 Supercar team next year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Prodrive bosses in both Britain and Australia are adamant its V8 Superteam will go ahead despite confirmation that negotiations with 00 Motorsport have fallen over."

"It looks like we'll have to do it on our own," says Prodrive chairman David Richards, who will discuss the plan when he visits Australia in 2 weeks.

The Braodmeadows aligned Prodrive Australia team is likely to be called Ford Racing Team or Ford Performance Racing.

Craig Lowndes is under contract to Ford Australia and Prodrive is lobbying for his transfer. But if switching Lowndes proves too political, Russell Ingall could be a possibility

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPRXR-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2002, 19:56   #2 (permalink)

A bit late for them to be annoucning this now so close to the commencment of the 2003 season...
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 20:28   #3 (permalink)
sharkysBA XR8

i had read some where that they wanted there own team in the first place but missed the date to enter a team in the 2003 season.
anyway one of these are lies but which one hmmmmmm
Old 10-01-2002, 20:30   #4 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

wonder where they are going to get a franchise to run a team from
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 21:11   #5 (permalink)
Forever Ford Follower

Ford Performance Racing sounds good.. ties in well with FPV
XLR8_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 17:38   #6 (permalink)

I'll be unhappy if Craig moves .....it will mean I will have to another Cap....that will be 3 in three years..... Maybe I should follow a team thats a little more stable.
Old 10-02-2002, 21:03   #7 (permalink)

So if they do come then they will start there own team with no previous experience.
They will want Ingall to know how to set up the cars, except hes never set up a Ford before so I think they will probally get someone old who drives Fords.
Paul Radisich?
Falcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 21:14   #8 (permalink)

Great concept if it comes off.

We need a team that can match the technical know-how of HRT.

Prodrive can do that over a period of time, given their experience in the British Touring Car Chapionship, the World Rally Championship (running the 555 Suburu team), and most importantly F1 (running the BAR team).
Falcon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 15:36   #9 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

Quote:
Originally posted by Roger
it will mean I will have to another Cap....that will be 3 in three years..... Maybe I should follow a team thats a little more stable.
Welcome to our world - HRT change their gear every year - so expensive to stay in fashion
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 22:14   #10 (permalink)
A Fully Sick " Can't "

hrmm I think I will just continue wearing my custom hat, got it mad at highpoint, pretty cool for 20 bucks, looks like i got a number plater on the front lol
GT 351

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe