Protest against Bright dismissed - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2003, 04:40   #1 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

Thumbs down Protest against Bright dismissed

I found this quote from Fox Sports

Quote:
Ambrose's Stone Brothers Racing team lodged a protest against Bright, which was dismissed after a 90-minute post-race hearing.
FPRXR-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2003, 04:50   #2 (permalink)
bhr
FPR *Drooooooool*

Fair enough, It wasn't really conclusive enough to charge bright with anything IMO anyway.
Old 04-13-2003, 04:56   #3 (permalink)

Except the inability to find his brakes.
AUIIXpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 05:00   #4 (permalink)
bhr
FPR *Drooooooool*

Quote:
Originally posted by AUIIXpak
Except the inability to find his brakes.
Braking is not the solution to everything, what if he tried to veer the other way and found he couldn't?
Old 04-13-2003, 05:04   #5 (permalink)

I think Brocky was a little nervous indeed when they asked him during the race.......he knew Bright was in the wrong, what happened to that B-Pillar passing rule too??
Old 04-13-2003, 05:07   #6 (permalink)

That just pisses me off. He was definately in the wrong, first with the initial hit, then continuing on with it.
Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 05:08   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by bhr
Braking is not the solution to everything, what if he tried to veer the other way and found he couldn't?
Hey there was racing room on the outside.

Why would Ambrose put Bright on the grass?
When this happened Bright should have realised something was askew.

Gong guy is right too.
What happened to the B-pillar rule?
AUIIXpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 05:41   #8 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Quote:
Originally posted by bhr
So putting your foot on the right pedal fixes things ha?
Total B.S.. With the tight diffs in these cars they tend to go straight ahead in these conditions..
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 05:44   #9 (permalink)

I'm really getting tired of the obvious bias with the officials. Ingall gets penalised and dropped plenty of positions for a minor hit, that IMO was unavoidable, but Bright can blatantly drive Ambrose off the circuit and not only get away with it but he actually is awarded second postion and takes the lead of the chamionship.

And don't get me started on the fact that the Brock team shouldn't even be racing due to the blatant flouting of the ownership rules.

That's it for me, I've put up with this crap for far too long. I'm tired of going to work on the Monday after a race and copping shit.

I'm not going to bother following this ridiculous category, until Ford have the balls to stand up and make some noise about the obvious fact that Holden run the sport.
AU1XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:53   #10 (permalink)
Blue blooded and proud.

Doesn't really surprise me, after all he is one of the 6 HRO drivers even if he drives for Team Weel.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe