The Rat ready to defend Perth - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2002, 23:26   #1 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

The Rat ready to defend Perth

http://www.sportal.com.au/v8x.asp

More testing and a heavy dose of determination are the ingredients Shell Helix Racingís Paul Radisich hopes will help him repeat last yearís total domination of the V8 Supercar Championship at Perthís Barbagallo Raceway.
Radisich was in fine form a year ago, taking his Shell Helix Falcon XR8 to a clean sweep of success with pole position and three wins from three starts on the fast but abrasive Western Australian circuit.

Twelve months on Radisich is having a tougher season, and is now looking to Barbagallo this weekend to score his first win of 2002.

"Last year in Perth was a fantastic round for me because everything went exactly according to plan," Paul Radisich said.

"Unfortunately this year has been disappointing for the team, particularly me, so this weekend would be the perfect place to change that.

"A lot of work and thought has gone into further developing the cars, weíve been testing hard, and I think weíre making progress Ö I know it will be tough to repeat last yearís success but we go to Barbagallo with a strong base.

"I am optimistic we can be strong there."

Shell Helix Racing teammate Steve Johnson is also looking for a bolder result, coming off what he considers was his best-ever drive, at Barbagallo, last year.

"I was sick as a dog with the flu and still came sixth overall, so I was pretty pleased," Steve Johnson said.

"Of course I was coming off my win in Canberra last year so we were all pretty pumped, but this yearís been hard Ö Iíve finished inside the top ten in the past few rounds but really thatís not good enough.

"Testing has gone well and thatís what we need, speed, and if thatís there then we can qualify up front and race there Ö at least at Barbagallo thereís a couple of places to pass so thatís a bonus.

"Whatís different this year is that pit stops have been included for the first time, so that brings the team into play during the races, which is great news. Our (pit) stops are always very quick and that will certainly help us."

Steve Johnson is currently placed ninth in the V8 Supercar Championship Series with 411 points and Paul Radisich 20th with 215.
FPRXR-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2002, 23:33   #2 (permalink)
Crikey

Let's hope Paul makes us proud, but on this year's peformances he (they) have a hell of alot of ground to make up.
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 01:58   #3 (permalink)
Rail Rider

As I said in the Seton thread. ANY FORD WIN WILL DO!

would be a real treat if the Rat won though.
Old 06-25-2002, 17:49   #4 (permalink)
Poor IT guy

I'll be there with my 'The Rat' cap and 'Rat Attack' shirt cheering him on in a sea of HRT fans.

Go the Rat!!!
Homer? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 22:42   #5 (permalink)
Ford Focus WRC Driver.

Quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM
As I said in the Seton thread. ANY FORD WIN WILL DO!

would be a real treat if the Rat won though.
umm......yeah.....what he said! :s2:
Old 06-27-2002, 04:00   #6 (permalink)
matt1973

A win is doubtful but i hope so
Old 06-27-2002, 08:06   #7 (permalink)

go the fords(Ambrose) .
It will b good if HRT don"t win I am getting a little sick of hearing about the Red Barrons
go kart girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 18:39   #8 (permalink)
MadMax

prediction

Skaife by a nose......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe