Ford Forums banner

Review Of V8 Supercars Judicial System

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  mixxer 
#1 ·
AVESCO Calls For Review Of V8 Supercars Judicial System

AVESCO CEO, Wayne Cattach will meet with TEGA Chairman Kelvin O'Reilly and CAMS Representatives next week to review the Judicial System applicable to V8 Supercars.

This announcement follows extended publicity of the incidents at Winton Raceway.

The review will examine a wide range of procedures currently employed in adjudicating on V8 Supercar racing incidents.

Lets hope they can work out a system that will deliver more consistant penaltys.

#2 ·
Quick. All supporters should hold open their pockets so warm 'wet' additions can be made by the Cochranes of this world which will make things seem warm and cozy (for a while).

#5 ·
I wasn't going to say this, but it took a Holden driver to cop a wet fish in the face before somthing happened.

#6 ·
Just a thought I had, I hate the prospect of a race result being changed after its been run and won so what about when there is a on-track incident why dont they use an after the race tribunal and then any penalties handed out post race can be applied to the next race (instead of effecting the already completed race), in other words let the offending driver practice for the next race but not qualify and then start them from the pits plus hold them for the time penalty handed out at the tribunal.

Problem is would starting from the pit lane + x amount of seconds be enough of a penalty now the most of the race's are enduro type events and yes I realise it doesnt help the innocent driver but the system in place at the moment doesnt reduce the race time for a driver who has been punted it only adds race time to a driver who did the punting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.