Ford Forums banner

Rick Kelly is pathetic

7K views 72 replies 53 participants last post by  Geeseman 
#1 ·
I can't believe that he took out 3 people over the 2 races. Raped Jason Bright with a brilliant display of idiocy. Span Ingall and Bowe [i think]. Why is this man racing V8SC? It's shocking.

P.S. i hope Bright is ok. i heard he had a bit of a concussion or something. but with the speed he hit the wall im not surprised.

#3 ·
derb said:
I can't believe that he took out 3 people over the 2 races. Raped Jason Bright with a brilliant display of idiocy. Span Ingall and Bowe [i think]. Why is this man racing V8SC? It's shocking.

P.S. i hope Bright is ok. i heard he had a bit of a concussion or something. but with the speed he hit the wall im not surprised.

Agree completely derb! Rick Kelly needs to wake up to himself and have a complete change of attitude if he wants to remain racing in V8SC

#5 ·
Notice how Rick Kelly seemed to only be apologetic to Bright? The only positive is he's helped Ambrose get almost a full round's points lead over the next Holden - being Bright. For 3 breaches of the same type for stupid moves and stuffing up people's races and championships, he should face a small points penalty I reckon. Not to mention the costs that teams like PWR will incur to rebuild that car.

#10 ·
mumsxr6 said:
Agree completely derb! Rick Kelly needs to wake up to himself and have a complete change of attitude if he wants to remain racing in V8SC
His Dad does own the team though.......

Kelly needs to realise that he is young and inexpierenced and should stop acting like he is a seasoned pro.

#11 ·
he's been in the game for a while he aint no rookie he's won bathurst twice in a row,he knows the rules yet he's gotta be the biggest immature "kid" i have ever seen he whinges about other drivers yet he managed to take out 2 ppl who are buying into this championship in a matter of 2 races in one weekend...

kelly needs a head check
he needs to remove his head from outter his butt region i reckon..

unprofessional driving in 1 race is mistake-able but 3 incidents in 2 races not on..
but hey they all have their bad days,or 2 LOL

#12 ·
The kid is an idiot! He’s a disgrace to professional racing. He should be accountable for his actions instead blaming everyone else around him. Fine him, take his points away and ban him from racing at the next meeting. What the hell was he thinking, man I really feel sorry for Bright and his team.
I stand by my statement, THE KID IS AN IDIOT!

#13 ·
that is ridiculous, he should lose points or a monetary fine for those actions. Taking out 3 people in 2 races what the that is just unacceptable, grow a brain you fregin retard.

#14 ·
He's taken Ingall and Bright (debatable) out of the champ'ship! He spun 2 cars, destroyed one and harrased Ambrose all day yesturday! All of this rounds points should be taken off him plus a few extra and ban him for the rest of the year! Honestly there is no reason for the way he was driving! I hope Bright is ok. I really hope someone teaches the prick a lesson or two!

#15 ·
xr8ute said:
Rick Kelly = (the old) Paul Dumbrell
Yep just swop the numbers on the cars and there away...LOL

#16 ·
I'm sure a fine won't bother him as daddy will pay it anyway, but I hope he gets dragged through the coals at a CAMS hearing. As for him saying they should investigate Ambrose for having a go at him, how about him having a go at McConville for passing him at Winton when he reckoned it was under yellow, when no one else saw it that way. He's doing a damn good job of making himself look foolish.

#19 ·
You should see all the holden fans going nuts on the rpm forums about the end of the first race, thinking he done nothing worng. What they can't seem to understand is

1) There was no point to hasseling ambrose, he was a lap down, and had no chance of catching the next car 30 odd seconds up the road

2) That ambrose did give him an adequite chance to get past, how else did he loose 2s of his lead on a single lap?

Then on top of this they complain all ford drivers are arrogant and can't handle pressure (*cough* bright, nosey nose *cough*). I would try to talk a little sense over there, but both sides just resort to childish name calling and can't see the facts. I don't particually want to lower myself to their levels.

#20 ·
Who won the race(i worked all day and aint looked at the news) and i heard something yesterday about ingall saying to stay away from young boys with rich fathers? he got it spot, stupid spoilt rich holden wanker boys

#21 ·
well holden won but only cos of the new[ish] rule of whoever wins race 2 is the round winner. i think it used to be aggregate times or something a few years ago.

#22 ·
it went the other way earlier in the season with ambrose and skaife but they were equal! no diff!

#23 ·
Well its was just another mishap of Kelly not handling well under pressure. As the commentators said, what was he doing trying to pass there? I won't say what I think of Kelly as others has pretty much covered it; but taking out Bright should be investigated reguardless if who he hit. He was incrediably lucky that Bright walked away it could've been much worse...

#26 ·
I wouldn't go as far to say he's an inexperianced little dick head, he has proven he can drive, and drive quite well, with his past winning's, but this weekend's showing by him has put a black mark againt's his name, I totally agree that his driving in particular the incident between Bright and himself was far from an experianced driver, but he did admit at the end that he is to blame for loosing the championship for Holden, and this we can thank him for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.