Ritter for 3rd DJR Car - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2002, 22:07   #1 (permalink)
Australian AUII XR8 Member

Ritter for 3rd DJR Car

31 January 2002
MEDIA RELEASE

SHELL HELIX RACING EXPAND TO THIRD CAR

Shell Helix Racing has announced that Greg Ritter will drive a third Ford Falcon XR8 in selected rounds of this year's V8 Supercar Series and once again be part of the driving squad at the Queensland 500 and Bathurst 1000 endurance events.

The 28-year-old drove for the Queensland-based team in last year's long distance races earning high praise for his efforts in qualifying and the races themselves. The highlight of his campaign was a fourth place finish at Bathurst.

Ritter will join SHR full time, sharing test driver duties, race driving, and other responsibilities at DJR's Queensland complex.

"Greg did an outstanding job for us last season and together with the
competitiveness
of the V8 Supercar field, convinced us of the need to work towards full time V8 drivers in every event," said team owner Dick Johnson.

"Our aim is to build strongly for the future. We see Greg as part of that plan and we are delighted that he will be with us in 2002 and beyond."

For Ritter the opportunity to race and become closer involved with one of Australia's premier motor sports teams is an opportunity he's prepared to make the most of.

"I will be moving from Melbourne to South East Queensland immediately," said Ritter.

"I do have a great relationship with Dick and the entire team already, but working and being part of the team environment full time will make the situation a whole lot stronger.

"I could have gone for a smaller team and driven in more races, but that would have put me at a major disadvantage at the big races.

"I've guaranteed the Shell Helix Racing team that I won't sit back and wait for things to happen.

"I'm setting my sights on proving my worth to the team and achieving my ambition of winning Bathurst".

It's yet to be announced which extra races Ritter will compete in, however it has been confirmed that his Falcon will carry the number #71.

The Shell Helix Racing team will stick with two cars for the endurance events, the driver pairings and the announcement of the team's final driver will be made in the coming months.

Stephen Rowe
RaceTime
Melbourne Australia
email: racetime@racetime.com.au
web : http://www.racetime.com.au

AU II XR8 220 Narooma Blue
5sp Manual, Body Kit, Momo wheel/knob, Premium Sound
XR8220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2002, 23:13   #2 (permalink)

I guess it is good news. Not sure about this 3 car stuff when we don't seem to be able to get one car form any one team competitive
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 03:22   #3 (permalink)
goooone

Good luck to them I was at DJR last week & they wouldn't explain why they were setting up 3 cars well know we know
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 03:31   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Good news for DJR, Ford Racing & Greg Ritter. I'm sure he will do well & give DJR a boost in fortunes
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 03:59   #5 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

I hope this doesn't make an extra strain to get the cars fully working. I guess 3 cars does give us more of a chance to win but I would still rather one winning car than 3 losing. I hope this works out good for DJR and us Ford fans. Good luck Ritter.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 05:17   #6 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

Ritter to race 3rd Shell Helix Falcon in 2002

Greg Ritter, a most impressive enduro import for Dick Johnson Racing last season, has been invited back to the team for this years campaign, it was announced today.

But rather than make a cameo appearance come the Queensland 500 and Bathurst V8 Supercar 1000, Ritter will become a full-time employee: testing for the team, working at Johnsons south Brisbane headquarters, and racing a third Shell Helix Falcon, alongside Paul Radisich and Steven Johnson, at selected rounds of the V8 Supercar championship.

DJR joins a number of teams entering supplementary cars in the championship, ensuring, come endurance time, the bulk of the driving squad are in peek form.

After Ritters attention-grabbing performances in last years endurance events, including a fourth-place finish at Bathurst with Cameron McLean, Johnson earmarked the 28-year-old Victorian as a rising star.

"Greg did an outstanding job for us last season and together with the competitiveness of the V8 Supercar field, convinced us of the need to work towards full-time V8 drivers in every event," Johnson said.

"Our aim is to build strongly for the future. We see Greg as part of that plan and we are delighted that he will be with us in 2002 and beyond."

Ritter will move from Melbourne to Queensland immediately to take up the position.

"I do have a great relationship with Dick and the entire team already, but working and being part of the team environment full-time will make the situation a whole lot stronger, Ritter, the 1999 Formula Ford champion, said.

"I could have gone for a smaller team and driven in more races, but that would have put me at a major disadvantage at the big races.

"I've guaranteed the Shell Helix Racing team that I won't sit back and wait for things to happen.

Ritter will race with No. 71 this year, though its yet to be confirmed which events he will participate in.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:32   #7 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Threads merged! :s4
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 17:59   #8 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

This is very good news for Ritter but seriously AVESCO should look at staging a round at Le Man because it is about the only track that could fit all these race cars on it at once.
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 19:05   #9 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

Good stuff! The way the V8 situation is going it may be spit into three categories soon.
Old 02-02-2002, 04:26   #10 (permalink)
EA Wagon Member

strange that brigs wouldn't give him the drive but then he does a deal with djr

i still think that if everyone is going to run 3 cars then its no advantage anymore so may as well limit all the teams to 2 cars

what happens if next year mr packer decides he wants a 10 car toyota team and pays millions to get the rules changed and then starts ruining the series lol
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe