Second seat at ****** announced - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2003, 07:10   #1 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

Second seat at ****** announced

****** Ford is pleased to announce that Ralph Firman will race with the team in 2003 alongside Giancarlo Fisichella. The 27 year old has signed a three year agreement and will make his Formula One debut in the Australian Grand Prix on March 9th.

Firman enters Formula One as the reigning 2002 Formula Nippon Champion, having previously won the prestigious British Formula 3 Championship and FIA Formula 3 World Cup in Macau in 1996. A Champion kart racer, Firman is also a former winner of the McLaren Autosport Young Driver of the Award.

After an initial seat-fitting in the ****** Ford EJ13 at the team's Silverstone base yesterday, Firman is preparing for his first test with the team to be held in Valencia, Spain, next week.

Eddie ******, Chief Executive of ****** Grand Prix said, “He may be a rookie in F1 terms but Ralph brings a lot of racing experience and a formidable track record along with his enthusiasm and commitment. I'm impressed with his very cool and disciplined approach and I have a lot of confidence that he and Fisichella will be an awesome partnership on the track. The news that Ralph has joined us, allied to other important developments, means that ****** Ford is a force to be reckoned with in 2003, and I can't wait for the season to start.”

Ralph Firman commented, “I am thrilled to have this chance to race in Formula One especially as it is with ******, one of the few teams to have won Grands Prix in recent years. It's also a team that has brought many notable names into Formula One and I can see that it's an extremely friendly and professional operation. Although this will be my first season, I have worked hard to build up my experience whilst racing in Japan, so although F1 will be something new I feel ready and quite comfortable with it. I am really looking forward to going to Melbourne next month.”

Ralph Firman was born on 20th May 1975 and holds dual nationality, with a British father and Irish mother, and lives in Norfolk, United Kingdom. His father, Ralph Firman Sr, was a mechanic for former triple World Champion Emerson Fittipaldi before founding the famous Van Diemen racing car business whose chassis have been raced in the junior formulae by many of today's top drivers.

[IMG]http://a324.g.akamai.net/f/324/3126/1d/www.f1-live.com/photos/imgactu/03/******-firman_040203_220x152.jpg[/IMG]
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2003, 18:12   #2 (permalink)
Code Monkey

He must have a shitload of money behind him as Massa had a truckload behind him as well
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe