Seton Announces Future Direction Of Ford Credit Racing - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2002, 18:57   #1 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

Seton Announces Future Direction Of Ford Credit Racing

Glenn Seton has announced that Ford Credit Racing will remain unchanged for the 2003 season, with the team to remain under the operation of Glenn
Seton Racing.

The announcement has ended a long period of speculation to the future direction of the team and Seton himself for the 2003 season and beyond.

2003 marks the fifth year of a sponsorship arrangement with the Ford Motor Company of Australia, that has included the naming rights of Ford Credit
for the 2002 and 2003 season.

"I'm excited that we can announce to the many thousands of Ford and Glenn Seton fans that we are going to give them plenty to cheer about through
the rest of this year, 2003 and beyond," said Seton.

"I have chosen to make this decision now to give our team stability going into the second half of this season as well as next year.

"It also leaves the likes of Ford Credit, as well as current and future backers safe in the knowledge that they know the direction this team is heading.

"I have been made a number of offers from different teams over the past few months, but the only option I felt totally comfortable with was keeping the team in-house".

The coming months present Ford Credit Racing with some of the biggest challenges in racing, including the endurance races at the VIP Pet Foods Queensland 500 and Australia's most important race, the Bob Jane T-Marts Bathurst 1000.

The Dandenong-based team also has a busy off-season with the building of an all-new BA Falcon model racecars.

"Our plans for 2003 are pretty exciting, we would like to run two cars in the V8 Supercar Series," said 37-year-old Seton.

"There are a number of things that have to come into place, most importantly finding the extra backing required for that extra car.

"With the announcement of the team's future direction now confirmed, I feel very confident that we can provide future backers with an excellent promotional opportunity through Glenn Seton Racing.

"From a racing point of view myself and everyone at Glenn Seton Racing wants to return to the winners list. We remain Ford's most successful team in the V8 Supercar era with championship seasons in 1993 and '97, and we want to add to it".

Seton will then be joined by 25-year-old Owen Kelly for the endurance races at Queensland and Bathurst.

As well as Seton's two championships, he's also taken 35 race wins, 17 round wins and 51 podium places from 156 events.
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2002, 19:03   #2 (permalink)
Mmmm, forbidden donut

That's great news!

Been a fan of Seto since he took the championship back in '97, hopefully the BA will be the tonic for some race wins..

And the poor guy has to win Bathurst one of these days!
Old 08-18-2002, 20:37   #3 (permalink)
Formally Thomas

I'm not suprised by his decision to do this. He has a contract with Ford which expires at the end of 2003 season so i guess seto thought he would see that out, and also take a punt with the BA supercar next season and then see if they get results. So next season is the cruical one for Glenn Seton as if he doesn't get results again, another contract with ford won't be signed, and then either his team will fold and he will drive for someone else or our worst fears will be realised when he makes a move to holden to stick it to ford for not re-signing him further.
All the best Glenn!!
MKII240T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 21:30   #4 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

This is good to hear, the rumor he was to move to holden is one thing I am glad I was wrong about
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 04:15   #5 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Thank christ for this news.. Seto in a Holden?? Just doesn't sound right...

Good show Seto!!
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 04:28   #6 (permalink)

SETO
Hope Seto does a lot better in 2003. Hopefully he'll get the backing he needs to make the BA truly something special and stick it to HRT. Cause Seto's the man
Move over Holden, Seto's comming through:CU: :CU: :CU:
lowered,mags,Costom wood tray, Ford embossed front guards.
39 Ford Mercury,Complete & in need of TLC,Side valve V8 still drives.
Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 04:31   #7 (permalink)

I've always been a Seton man always will he's a champ of a fellow just with allot of bad luck of late. SO many times he had Bathurst in his grasp and somehow fate came to end it. He will win and when he does he will win with his style and maybe a new record or two. Go SETO ! Something tells me this years Bathurst will be interesting.....
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe