Should Seton and Lowndes join forces? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2001, 02:20   #1 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

Should Seton and Lowndes join forces?

I know it's just a rumour getting around, but I wanted to gauge the general level of support from the true Ford punters.

I know I'd be over the moon if it happened, but how many of you would be happy if Lowndes and Seton joined together under the same umbrella, whether it be GMS/Forbes or FTR?

Just thinking about it gives me goosebumps.

And if enough people hear of our support (assuming there is support), perhaps the big players might be tempted to put a proposal together.

Lukeyson
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2001, 02:41   #2 (permalink)

Forgetaboutit!
Seton is going to lose his Ford Tickford sponsorship after his contract runs out,2002. He has been so disappointing and has caused more damaged to the Tickford brand than the styling of the AU!!!!!!
Lowndes will team with Ambrose in 2003 because they are both under Ford contracts and they both are out of their contracts with SBR and GMS and the end of next year.
Who will get the Ford sponsorship?
DJR?
SBR?
GMS?
or a fully fledged factory team?
Mr GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 02:44   #3 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

Yeah, who would be the team leader in a team with Lowndes and Seton? I don't think it would work. I feel very sorry for the poor run Seto has had in the last few years. I met him at the last Tickford day; he's a really nice bloke.
HP Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 02:49   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Moved to the pits.. :s6:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 02:55   #5 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

Fair enough!
HP Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 04:55   #6 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr GTHO
Forgetaboutit!
Seton is going to lose his Ford Tickford sponsorship after his contract runs out,2002. He has been so disappointing and has caused more damaged to the Tickford brand than the styling of the AU!!!!!!
Lowndes will team with Ambrose in 2003 because they are both under Ford contracts and they both are out of their contracts with SBR and GMS and the end of next year.
Who will get the Ford sponsorship?
DJR?
SBR?
GMS?
or a fully fledged factory team?
Pity there isnt mroe than 100% coz id have to agree with you even more if there was. Ford would be planning all this now. As the launch of the AV Racecar will most definatly be in 2003, so will the birth of a new era in motorsport history, when the two kids of the race scene will join forces under the ford/tickford brand, and assisted by prodrive, they will be the new benchmark in Australian Touring car Motorsport. GO FORD!
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 13:13   #7 (permalink)

Nahhhh. I don't see it happening and don't want it to happen.
Space Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 14:52   #8 (permalink)
Ford Focus WRC Driver.

Could Seton's demise be mostly attributed to an inferior car or just age? I mean, didn't he have a new car at Bathurst? He did qualify second fastest and I reckon they were pretty competitive. Hope they do well at Sandown.
Old 11-29-2001, 18:11   #9 (permalink)
Australian Probe Member

Sorry I have to disagree with those who want to consolidate the Ford effort into one 'headline' team.
I think the current strategy is best for the long term stability among Ford teams; sure they need to share information a little more & it would be better to see any Ford winning but I don't beleive that following GMH/HSV into one mega-factory team is in anyone's best interests.
Its slowly starting to dawn on even your average GM fan that HSVs domination is no good for anyone. The friction between HRT and other Holden runners is obvious & can't be lost on AVESCO either.
As most of us know Ford's aeropackage this year was late in being finalised again versus GM teams, some Ford teams & drivers were very late in being confirmed; next year its gonna be new tyres but at least it appears everone will at the same level on this one.
In review I am happy with the progress made (inspite of cursing & swearing at the TV, during races) and beleive that next year will be better again, we have always been the underdawg in V8 racing, it makes it much better when we do win!!
PS. But I also think that 2 make racing sux!!
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 18:13   #10 (permalink)

NO - Lowndes & Seton
YES - Lowndes & Ambrose

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe