Skaife gets dogged... drama and more drama! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2003, 23:30   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Skaife gets dogged... drama and more drama!

Just watching the big race now, i can't help but think Skaife was hard done by in regard to his door flapping and having to come in to the pits to get it taped up with only 7 laps to go - and less than a second from the lead.

According to the HSV team it could only open up marginally, and the team manager made a valid point in that spoilers flopping off and the like are allowed to go. I can't understand why the black flag wasn't given when it first started flapping.

So i guess the question is did he really deserve it? I guess you could say they should have gone to the pits earlier and therefore allowed more time to catch up with the leaders. But was it really worth a pit stop, was it posing a safety threat? For Skaife its all over now.

While i'm at it, what are people's other thoughts on the race? I'm not sure what to think of the Bowe incident where he was run off the road.

All in all, very entertaining race.. Looks like Holden will take it out but Ellery is gaining on the leaders and Lowndes could very well take it out right at the end.
He|mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2003, 23:50   #2 (permalink)
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff

Re: Skaife gets dogged... drama and more drama!

Besnard was pinged for it at oran park so why not skaife?
all4ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 00:01   #3 (permalink)
EFing Quick!

Bathurst wouldn't be Bathurst without controversy...
1995 EF Futura - Crow stage 2 cam & adjustable gear, K&N cold air intake, AU XR intake snorkel, Advance stainless steel extractors, hi-flow cat converter, 2.5" pipe, 17" ROH RT shadow chrome mags, Pedders sports ryder suspension, DBA gold cross drilled/slotted rotors, lowered 1.5", camber kit, engine + starter immobiliser and microwave sensor security system.

Teh funnay is now linked here!
Beefchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 00:15   #4 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

as I said in my post in the Pit. HRT deserved the penalty. I am sure they knew something like this would occur. FPR were hit with it so HRT can.....LIVE WITH IT....
Old 10-12-2003, 00:19   #5 (permalink)

HRT deserved it it should have happened 15 laps before he was pulled in. Richo should have been pulled in for pushing bowe off aswell.
Old 10-12-2003, 00:20   #6 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

All I can say is FPR must have some powerfull people in their camp now,just like TWR did the last couple off year's.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 00:34   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
All I can say is FPR must have some powerfull people in their camp now,just like TWR did the last couple off year's.
Obviously the head of Prodrive was there, however Geoff Polites was there as well and (big tongue in cheek) he threatened to start a second shift at Campbellfield totally destroying Commodore sales if they didn't make an offical ruling against Scaife. ( Oh how I wish this were true !!!)
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 00:41   #8 (permalink)
If Only I Had Lexus Power

skafe deserved ever bit he got, he could have gone in earlier , well done lowndes
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ---- W 16 Configuration, Quad Turbo 1001 HP, 1250Nm, 4 Wheel Drive
redGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 01:13   #9 (permalink)
Dedicated M. Wilson Hater

You gotta love the way a teams boss said "well, WE would have already come it" Thats a load of bull.

If the door could not open any further, what would be the problem? I have no idea if this is the case and I would say not many people do.

Those passing manovers may have been touchy but, they did not break any rules. As unfair as that seems, you boys would be using the same cover if it were your drivers.
MaverickLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 01:21   #10 (permalink)
gsw
XA GS FAIRMONT 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomaniac
Besnard was pinged for it at oran park so why not skaife?

damm right and to think they would have done nothing if there was no protest. Very consistent.
gsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe