Skaifey threatens Ambrose!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2004, 01:25   #1 (permalink)

Skaifey threatens Ambrose!!!

Quote:
Watch Your Mirrors Marcos: Skaife
Release Date: 10/06/2004
Holden hero Mark Skaife has warned Ford's Marcos Ambrose to look over his shoulder from now on. The blunt warning followed a clash in Darwin last month.

Ambrose was cleared by stewards in what was deemed a racing incident, but Skaife reminded the Ford driver that "every dog has its day" and said Ambrose should be looking over his shoulder in the fifth round of the V8 Supercar series, at Barbagallo Raceway at the weekend.

Skaife was leading in Darwin when, on the last corner, Ambrose went for an inside passing move and the cars hit.

Skaife speared off the track but was able to limp home in 16th place. Ambrose dropped to third when teammate Russell Ingall and Skaife's teammate, Todd Kelly, both got past in the run to the finish.

"If I was Marcos I'd be having a bit of a look in the mirror," Skaife said. "In my championship position, I can afford to take more risks.

"So, if those sorts of manoeuvres are on and that's how we're going to play, stand back, because we're in for some fun."

Skaife, who was eliminated from the last race of last season in the infamous "race rage" incident with Ingall, still cannot believe Ambrose attempted the pass where and when he did.

"I didn't think he was going to have a go because it was a crazy manoeuvre," Skaife said. "You know that when you start a manoeuvre like that you're going to make contact. I didn't think being in the championship position Marcos was in that it was a move he was going to make."

Skaife, who took over ownership of the Holden Racing Team just 12 months ago, has endured a difficult year and having a much needed win ripped from his grasp must have been hard to take.

To lose at the hands of a Stone Brothers Racing Falcon would have made it all the more galling.

Skaife said the ownership drama which dragged on for weeks after previous owner Tom Walkinshaw Racing, of Britain, went bankrupt, had been destabilising.

"A lot of the guys didn't know whether they were going to have jobs," he said.

"We haven't gone as well as we should have gone and there is a personal component in that. I've been as fast in terms of driving and qualifying but I've made too many mistakes.

"We have been on the front row of the grid in four of the five races this year but I haven't had a win."

Skaife concedes that the pressure to perform must be part of it.
I think skaifey is loosing the plot...
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2004, 01:32   #2 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

Re: Skaifey threatens Ambrose!!!

Ever seen a lion in a cage? (well - I guess in Australia, a smaller cage than what their used to). He's making remarks and attacks like that because he is desperate for a win - he's pinned in the corner and somehow its everyone elses fault but his own in not being able to get the car over the line first.
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 01:38   #3 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

someone should post this to race stewards so when skaify does go on a rampage (which he will) they can say it was premeditated and get him banned from racing altogether. imagine if another race driver wrote this about skaify...straight to the stewards and probably the police no doubt.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:48   #4 (permalink)
EA Falcon owner

skaifey, all i have to say is.

Rubbin's racin', if you want to bump and grind, Marcos would only be to happy to ablige, within the rules. as marcos has said "bring back the biff", marcos wants the racing that way, but just remember, what goes around comes around or as you have put it "every dog has his day".

just remember who it is that is on probation.

DAG-Nabit.com
FordLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 01:51   #5 (permalink)
Ingall Fan

And some people wonder why most ford fans don't like skaife ?????

I too hope he gets banned if he trys to take marcos out

i can see it now skaife is 2nd to ambrose in the closing stages of Race 1 pulls totally dumb move on ambrose from 50+ meters too far back clips marcos and spins both out then Ingall come through from 3rd to take the win in his 100th Round start
240 T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 01:56   #6 (permalink)
gsw
XA GS FAIRMONT 302

takes a while for skaifey to get over things me thinks, all he is these day's is a sore loser.
gsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 02:01   #7 (permalink)
Movin!

that pass that ambrose did was well within the rules, there has been way worst passes than that!

Skaifey, get over the fact that your not winning anymore and you're making more mistakes than most others!
Old 06-10-2004, 02:03   #8 (permalink)
known as tibbo

the odd thing is his poor sportmanship would be costing Holdens loyal cutomers.. i know of two diehard Lion men that have changed camp, one to new Subaru and the other a Toyota sportivo... Not the type of PR and exposure Holden execs would be impressed with....
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 02:22   #9 (permalink)
Fords RULE,Holdens drool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
someone should post this to race stewards so when skaify does go on a rampage (which he will) they can say it was premeditated and get him banned from racing altogether. imagine if another race driver wrote this about skaify...straight to the stewards and probably the police no doubt.
You hit the nail right on the head here,Davway,that is just the sort of thing "Sooky" would do.Grow up and get over the loss of a round win at Darwin for Heaven's sake.If the stewards cleared the other driver of misconduct,you haven't got a leg to stand on.
Just goes to show you what 5 years of being the "king" of V8 racing does for you,gives you a swelled head and an ego higher than Mt.Everest.

GO THE FORDS THIS WEEKEND!!!!!

Marcos Ambrose, V8 Supercar Champion 2003 2004.
BAracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 02:32   #10 (permalink)
walking power

Mark Skaife is a knobhead and he's gonna get whats coming to him, and thats heaps more dnf's.

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe